QUEST OF COINS : TOP 5 of your rarest wanted coins (never seen to send)

Started by MORGENSTERNN, July 19, 2015, 10:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORGENSTERNN

Hello
After and endless quest of coins that began in my childhood I see the end of tunnel (I try to get one coin per territory that circulate during the XXth century, mainly based on World Coins)
My wanted list is now shorter with 18 :) but there is 5 coins that appear to be the rarest of them all.
I'd like to know the top 5 (or more) of other members.

Here my list

Coins I never saw to send :

1 - Turpan or Turfan silver issues (unlisted, see ZENO.RU #24306  #24407 #24300)
2 - Chinese province of Suiyuan : KM-5 & 3
3 - Bhaunagar (Indian Princely State) : KM-1 but listed as a weight on ZENO so I don't know...
4 - Spanish civil war : Gratallops : KM-1/5
5 - Japan leprosarium token issues (see on World coins)

BONUS

Ghazni (Afghanistan) KM-963 (found only one sale is it unique?)

Prosit

The top five wanted (wishful thinking) for me are not all coins and not all rare.

1. 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954 (Regular Issue) Prosit Neujahr tokens from the Austrian Mint.
I am going to count that as one  ;)

2. 1932 D and S Uncirculated USA Quarter Dollars (expensive and not likely to ever get the "D".

3. 1991 custom issue, Austrian Mint (but could have been Schwertner und Cie in Graz)  "Sacher Hotel" token.

4. USA 1893 Isabella Quarter Dollar

5. A coin from Puerto Rico

Dale

Bimat

Would add only one coin to the list at the moment: Monaco €2 (2007) commemorating Grace Kelly. :-\

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Figleaf

Just one. A Russian beard tax token. Saw one for sale only once and couldn't afford it.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.