login

Author Topic: Fraudulent seller from Mumbai  (Read 4924 times)

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
Re: Fraudulent seller from Mumbai
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2016, 02:00:41 PM »
Nice thing is that this seller marks all his fake coins by giving them all the same odd brown color. Allows for quick skipping.

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2016, 03:20:35 PM »
Plus it scares, which is a built-in protection against potential thieves.

:D :D   really annoying that this fake seller is still going on month after month with collectors avidly buying them, he must be making a mint in more ways than one
Vic

Offline andyg

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • DERBYS UK
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 04:43:51 PM »
If someone would like to make a list of the auction numbers that are fakes I'll see what can be done.  Recently with the help of another forum (who have a direct method of communication with ebay) quite a number of reported auctions have been taken down.
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 06:02:07 PM »
If someone would like to make a list of the auction numbers that are fakes I'll see what can be done.  Recently with the help of another forum (who have a direct method of communication with ebay) quite a number of reported auctions have been taken down.

It's been tried endless times, I myself reported to Ebay numerous fakes from the same seller last year as did several others, nothing whatsoever was done & the seller continues to rub his hands with glee

Check this sellers listings ( coinvirasat) aka verokamath), he changes his name when things get hot here
Vic

Offline andyg

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • DERBYS UK
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 06:48:41 PM »
It's been tried endless times, I myself reported to Ebay numerous fakes from the same seller last year as did several others, nothing whatsoever was done & the seller continues to rub his hands with glee

Yes, and until these last few weeks I didn't have much faith in it either.
Worth giving it a try - see what happens....?
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2016, 07:28:25 PM »
If that channel has worked before, of course it should be used again! Let's make life a little less sweet for the hoodlums.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2016, 10:31:35 PM »
If that channel has worked before, of course it should be used again! Let's make life a little less sweet for the hoodlums.

Peter

The same fake seller has been active for 3 years non stop,  according to Fb he was going  to be challenged at a coin fair in India & he apparently evaded capture, he's been reported so many times it must be an Ebay record, there are at least 5 different Ebay accounts used to sell the chocolate coloured fakes so if Ebay blocks an account another one springs up to take over,  there are even accounts with almost the same name but with a variation in the spelling.

Here are some of his Ebay identities: verokamath, virokamath, coinex2015, kumbhal, pritiscoin.

Even his address is to be easily found on websites inc another thread on WoC complaining of his fakes
RAMESH CHANDRA G. SONI and mobile number is 9594364381
Ramesh Chandra
39, Ram Nath Mishan
PS Road Santa Cruz
Mum - 400054
Vic

Offline purush_79

• Reader
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 09:19:02 AM »
Just to update you, this guy's current mobile number listed per ebay records is 9879002640. The old number listed prior on this thread is switched off!

Thanks,
Purushotham

To sum up several parallel discussions here I would encourage us to create a cumulative thread with information of what we know about the fraudulent Mumbai seller and the fakes.

1. He uses multiple eBay IDs: verokamath, virokamath, coinex2015, kumbhal, pritiscoin.

2. He lists identical fakes but does it in a systematic way so that it is generally difficult to trace that unless you follow him for longer time when the types finally start repeating.
Not a very characteristic example but still:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/india-Princely-State-Indore-1-8-Rupee-Very-Fine-/221643327541?pt=IN_Coins_Notes&hash=item339af8c835
http://www.ebay.in/itm/india-Princely-State-Indore-1-8-Rupee-Very-Fine-Scares-/151610678900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item234cb35e74
I bought an identical fake from him last year.

3. Supposedly he is
RAMESH CHANDRA G. SONI and mobile number is 9594364381
Ramesh Chandra
39, Ram Nath Mishan
PS Road Santa Cruz
Mum - 400054

4. Some of the fakes that he sells also appear at 'Maru's Auction'. There is a discussion at Coin Forgery Awareness Group on fb that started on 22 Feb.

http://www.maruauction.com/items/Silver-Drachma-of-Jaitra-Simha-of-Chowhans-of-Ranthambor-/15/103.html
http://www.ebay.in/itm/india-hindu-coins-of-medieval-Chauhans-of-Ranastanbhor-Jaitra-Simha-Silver-Dramm-/151609550954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item234ca2286a

5. He tries to 'improve' the fakes by applying varying degrees of wear.

6. We have to make him publicly known.

Offline MORGENSTERNN

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 05:08:39 PM »
 He uses multiple eBay IDs: verokamath, virokamath, coinex2015, kumbhal, pritiscoin.
NEW ID TAKE CARE   

Pseudo       Depuis le       Jusqu'au
   ancientindiacoin       09-juil.-16       Actuel
   verokamath       05-mai-13       09-juil.-16

Offline escapist

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 06:42:29 PM »
Sir, could you please specify if you had any experience with the ' saifcoins53' seller? I am about to finalize a deal with him but after reading your post I am getting concerned. The fakes you showed here ('silver tokens') are quite obvious but mostly he lists very common coins that would have very little point in making forgeries of. Anyway I would very much appreciate your answer and recommendation.

I tried to report the fake/counterfeit coins to eBay, but so far the business of these guys is going on well.

Words in fake coin listings :  TOKEN-SILVER,  TOKEN, token Silver Token

If any such words are there in silver coin listings from India,  most likely those coins might be fake.

I can share the names of eBay sellers too who are involved in such business, But beware of buying coins
from these sellers.

List of eBay sellers - selling counterfeit stuff :  saifcoins53(46), burhanicoins52(600), rohil_antique02014(249),
jasimcollection(2,518),  coinvirasat.

These sellers sold one or more counterfeit in last 12 months on eBay.

Offline jaspersaini

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
Well, I never bought from this seller.