Author Topic: Ebay Seller trying to pass off Bengal presidency coin as Nur Jahan's  (Read 1043 times)

Offline unnut

Fellow board members,
An intesting ebay listing. The seller is trying to pass off a low quality Bengal presidency rupee as a Nur Jahan  rupee. Look at the price ! :o :o :o :o :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1619-C-Ba-Hukmo-Shah-Jahangir-Yafta-Zevar-Nam-e-NoorJahan-Badshah-antique-coin-/141588330826?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f752794a

Initially I thought the seller was ignorant, but even after telling him twice, the seller refuses to correct the listing, so clearly his intentions are less than honorable.

Offline cmerc

• Indexer
  • Meritorious Member
Re: Ebay Seller trying to pass off Bengal presidency coin as Nur Jahan's
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:18:27 AM »
What more, there are actually images from two different coins: one, a probably genuine bengal presidency coin, and two, a jeweler's imitation.
Defending this hobby against a disapproving family since 1998.

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »
It goes from bad to worse, look at these two entries from someone with 100% feedback  ??? ???
Vic

Offline unnut

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:52:09 AM »
  ::) ::) ::) ::)
The only thing I can say is, a fool and his money are soon parted!

It goes from bad to worse, look at these two entries from someone with 100% feedback  ??? ???

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 12:48:54 PM »
This reminds me of the old story, where a street market salesman sells cans of elephant butt as a delicacy. Unfortunately, one of his clients has a can opener on him and finds the can empty. The seller is unfazed and declares that this can just caught the anus.

Totally RARE ERROR: holed coin, where the hole is slightly larger than the flan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Comes in FREE elegant carton box. Shipping extra. :D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline @josephjk

• Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 12:52:13 PM »
This reminds me of the old story, where a street market salesman sells cans of elephant butt as a delicacy. Unfortunately, one of his clients has a can opener on him and finds the can empty. The seller is unfazed and declares that this can just caught the anus.

Totally RARE ERROR: holed coin, where the hole is slightly larger than the flan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Comes in FREE elegant carton box. Shipping extra. :D

Peter

;D ;D

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 02:24:47 PM »
Reminds me of a toy that was popular when my son was little, do you remember 'Action man' soldier figures? girls had Barbie dolls & boys had action man figures.

I remember a scandal with a market trader selling an empty box labelled as 'Action man deserter'  ;D
Vic