Author Topic: Andorra 2014: 20th Anniversary of Andorra in the Council of Europe  (Read 4624 times)

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
Re: Andorra 2014: 20th Anniversary of Andorra in the Council of Europe
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 03:27:47 PM »
It is unbelievable how difficult it is to get in touch with Andorra Mint. Emails and voicemail messages are being ignored. It is only after several attempts by the Andorran embassy in Brussels to get me in touch with them, that they finally replied to my email. One email that is, because my reply with some further questions got ignored again :-X. The Ministry of Finance of this country is a big disaster too.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:35:49 PM by Niels »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 05:21:03 PM »
You don't pay taxes to the Andorran government, so you are pretty close to the bottom on their list of priorities. The key to getting through is

a) carefully building and nurturing a personal relationship (the opposite of making a pest of yourself) by being overly polite - in essence, Andorra is a Latin country, where politeness is very important, using French or Spanish if you can, giving compliments, thanking, showing patience and understanding for their limitations - especially when they sound unreasonable to you - and restricting the number of contacts and questions to the minimum and

b) explaining who you are and how their answer will help them - maybe something like (use your own words) "I actively contribute to x web sites and I will distribute the information I get from you on those web sites. Together, these web sites have y inscribed members, but they also allow non-members to have access to their information. In other words, when (not "if") you answer me, you will prevent a veritable flood of the same questions from collectors."

Peter (who used to be a civil servant)
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Pabitra

• Honorary Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 11:57:41 PM »
One email that is, because my reply with some further questions got ignored again :-X. The Ministry of Finance of this country is a big disaster too.

That is because more often than not, they do not have any answers.
In fact, they have one executive doing all the work in finance ministry.
She had come to their stall in WMF Berlin in 2013 and appeared to be clearly overwhelmed with task taken up by her.
Earlier, there were scanty issues and all handled by some private vendor.
After, issuing of Euro, it is a new experience.
Issuing three types of sets, regular coins and collector handling is something new to them.
Perhaps they will learn in due course.
Issue of 6 coin set as BU set is a first time in EU, indicating their inexperience.
Even Finland, Netherlands and Belgium, who do not issue 1 and 2 cents in general circulation, issue only 8 coins sets as do other minor nations like San Marino, Monaco, Vatican etc
Issue of commemorative, which involves selection of theme, getting the design approved, first nationally and then from EU, getting them minted and distribution logistics, are immense tasks that need resources, experience and funds. Any wrong reply or move would lead to big news.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Andorra 2014: 20th Anniversary of Andorra in the Council of Europe
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 04:34:34 AM »
Issue of 6 coin set as BU set is a first time in EU, indicating their inexperience.

Which BU set we are talking about here? ;) To best of my knowledge, the BU set to be issued next week (or already issued) dated 2014 has all the 8 denominations in it. 1c and 2c coins are not struck for circulation, so you have to buy the BU set if you want the complete 'type set'...

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 11:24:27 AM »
My trusted dealer :) now offers the circulation coin sets (8 coins) and the CoE coin, both in BU and proof. Hard to believe but I may actually have that 2 commem in my hands this winter. I am amazed. Flabbergasted. Almost shocked, hehe.

Christian

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2016, 11:35:15 AM »
hello
with my fournisseur
2 euros commemo 2014 for 65 euros
BU 2014 or 2015 around 50 and 55 euros
gerard

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »
hello
with my fournisseur
2 euros commemo 2014 for 65 euros
BU 2014 or 2015 around 50 and 55 euros
gerard

Gerard,

That sounds expensive, especially the 2 commemorative. I have an offer of 43 for the commemorative and 65 for the BU set (fixed price, postage extra). If you need details of the seller (He's French :)), don't hesitate to ask! 8) On eBay, the commemorative is being sold for 38 - 42, BU set for 60 - 65 (auctions)...

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2016, 02:10:41 PM »
hello my friend
thank you but after 2007 i collect just the first year minting and no the commemoratives
best regards  Gerard

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 08:58:53 PM »

Collectcoins

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 04:29:24 AM »
Packaging looks poor IMO...but then, who collects that cardboard? Wait, many people do! ;)

Thanks for the image. I'm expecting the price to fall further so that I can get one for myself. :)

Aditya

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 04:36:59 PM »
To put the piece into perspective, the Council of Europe is a travel agency for national parliamentarians, without any credibility and known for inaction and uselessness.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »
Would not really call the European Court of Human Rights for example - unlike the Court of Justice of the European Union, the ECHR is a CoE institution - useless, but of course the competences of such bodies are limited. And since Andorra is not an EU member, the government probably wanted to emphasize its, umm, Europeanity this way. :)

As for that coin card, from what I have read, that is the one with the proof piece. But I could be wrong. We'll see - I am just happy to see the "never ending" story of the Andorran CoE coin to come to a fairly happy end ...

Christian

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 08:32:57 AM »
I got my copy of the BU version yesterday for a modest (!!!) 20.50. What was the issue price, any idea? The market is flooded with these, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes even cheaper after couple of more months!

Aditya

Offline Jostein

• WBCN
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 08:46:58 AM »
I got my copy of the BU version yesterday for a modest (!!!) 20.50. What was the issue price, any idea? The market is flooded with these, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes even cheaper after couple of more months!

Aditya

Hola Aditya!

Great price. The issue price was 12,50 according to some local dealers.

;)
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" - John F. Kennedy

http://www.bimetallic-coins.com

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:45 AM »
Hola Aditya!

Great price. The issue price was 12,50 according to some local dealers.

;)

Thanks! I too think that I got it bit cheaper than normal selling price on eBay which is around 25. Postage was extra (not much), but got few other euro coins too, so it was still a good deal. :)

Aditya