Author Topic: Coin shops china  (Read 1137 times)

Offline quaziright

Coin shops china
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:10:16 PM »
Does anyone know if there is an official mint shop in Beijing/ shanghai and HK and Macau ? I need the addresses
And a list of dealers in these cities ?

Thnx

Offline Globetrotter

• Honorary Member
  • As my whimsy takes me....
Re: Coin shops china
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »
Hi,

isn't that a bit risky with their reputation of being the best counter feiters?

Ole
Ole

If you're interested in coin variants please find some English documentation here:
https://sites.google.com/site/coinvarietiescollection/home
and in French on Michel's site (the presentations are not the same):
http://monnaiesetvarietes.esy.es/

Offline augsburger

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 06:03:18 AM »
This isn't Beijing, Shanghai or Macau, but some information for those in going to Chengdu.

Yesterday I went to the Wenshu Monastery on Line 1 of the Metro, north of Tianfu Square, and I found a massive market full of coins, banknotes, stamps and a bit of old Communist memorabilia. Quite interesting. It's in between the metro stop and the Monastery.

The only real problem with it is that there are never any prices on anything, so you need to know how to speak a bit of Chinese, or have someone who does, and I saw some weird stuff going on with banknotes. One guy was literally pulling the banknotes apart. Why? No idea, but he had a few halves on his desk. Why you'd want to pull the front and back off from each other, I have no idea.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 09:47:11 AM »
I saw some weird stuff going on with banknotes. One guy was literally pulling the banknotes apart. Why? No idea, but he had a few halves on his desk. Why you'd want to pull the front and back off from each other, I have no idea.

To create instant "error" banknotes, printed on one side only.

I suspect that in Beijing also, the only source of coins are stamp/coin markets. Be wary of people who invite you to their home to see the "great rarities" they want you to buy. You may find yourself under very great pressure to buy some obvious forgeries.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline quaziright

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 10:47:03 PM »
In the end, i did find a whole bunch of coin shops in yuyuan gardens in shanghai. However, They were throwing price lists in my face and with no means to negotiate, I said chuck it

Offline kev876543

• Reader
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:13:07 AM »
Hi

You may find ABC Bullion HK as an official mint dealer in Hong Kong. It is a big dealer in Australia too.  I purchased coin online once there and visited their shops when i was in Hong Kong.The person handling my purchase was nice and willing to answer all my questions.

Just a piece of information. Hope it helps

Thanks