Author Topic: The Pandyan Kingdom - From the Earliest Times to the Sixteenth Century by Sastri  (Read 822 times)

Offline Quant.Geek

• Honorary Member
Hi,

In regards to the following thread, please find the magnum opus on the Pandyan Kingdom by renowned historian, K.A. Nilakanta Sastri.  This is an outstanding book that has been digitized by the Digital Library of India.  It is one of several key books in South Indian history that is still used today.  It has been made available by www.archive.org in several formats include PDF:

Sastri, K.A. Nilakanta, The Pandyan Kingdom - From the Earliest Times to the Sixteenth Century, Swathi Publications, 1929

I am not sure if this should be added to the bookshelf as it is a historical book and not a numismatic book.  However, what is numismatics if it is not an extension of history and archaeology?

Enjoy,

Ram
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:02:47 PM by Quant.Geek »
A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
Just added to my personal library, Thanks !

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
You are the expert. If you consider it should be on the bookshelf, just send a copy to izotz by email or Skype. There are already other books there that are not strictly on coins, yet highly useful. The only restriction is rights-free books only.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Quant.Geek

• Honorary Member
Thanks Peter.  I will certainly do that as I think any numismatic who are interested in this area should have these books.  And the best part is that they are legally free...
A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins