Author Topic: Are these genuine, please help  (Read 3878 times)

Offline andyg

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • DERBYS UK
Re: Are these genuine, please help
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 11:31:44 PM »
Ebay resolution will more than likely insist you send the coins back to the seller for a refund, which may now prove problematical.
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Offline coin_lover

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 11:37:26 PM »
well I have also rasied a claim with paypal/paisapay yesterday but said no when it asked me if I had contacted the seller as I had not contacted him yesterday but had a chat with him this morning. Can't update the claim but lets see what happens, I must have simply raised a claim instead of a claim and a resolution.
if they ask me to send it back to him is it a problem? you mean he may not refund me and I would also los the proof. I can send it back to him via courier which can be tracked.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 12:03:47 AM »
You want documentary evidence of having made the claim. A case or file number in a mail is OK, a letter is better. Keep haranguing paisapay until you got it. Use any case or file number in all your contacts with paisepay or use the reference number in the letter. In this situation, it is of top importance that you follow the procedures meticulously and meet all the deadlines. They'll be dying to throw out your claim with the first mistake you make and blame you. That would double your frustration.

Collect all the evidence you got, including the eBay pages they were offered on (make a copy quickly, while the pics are still there), invoices and proof of payment. Don't send anything until paisapay requires you to do so. When they do, follow their instructions to the letter, but make sure you have evidence, such as a witness - no family - who saw the fakes go into the package and can attest you took it to the Post Office and had it registered.

The problem with sending the fakes back is that you provide the fraudster with another opportunity to sell fakes. The only solution I can think of is to include the forced returns in a complaint to the police. If they're in a good mood or under pressure to actually do something they'll raid the place and close it down. This will not invalidate your financial claim because it is not on the seller, but on paisapay (which is why they and eBay want to stall you.) They in turn have a claim on the seller. Wish 'em luck if he's in jail. :D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline coin_lover

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 12:08:10 AM »
very useful information Peter, will keep you updated on the progress of this case. hoping for the best

Offline coin_lover

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »
Hey Peter
hope you are enjoing your weekend.
Just to update you on my claims,I got a call from ebay/paypal about less than 5 minutes ago.
I told them the items are fake, they said they cannot refund me but gave me 110% coupons for both of my claims.
I accepted it but then told they need to take action against the seller as he is cheating people,I also told them that when I contacted the seller his behaviour was unacceptable and he made personal comments. I told them money is secondary but what counts is trust.
I wanted to lodge a police complaint against him but unfortunately police out in India treats these cases of online cheating as very very minor it is not like in Europe or other western countries. Police would tell you why did you have to buy online and stuff like that -lol and would say we will investigate it. They woundn't do much unless you give them something- I hope you understand what I mean and I would end up losing more than my claim in the end-lol

anyway, I would aain like yo thank you for your help and guidance. Thanks to all you folks.

Offline coin_lover

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 08:37:18 PM »
was this a fair outcome? any views

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »
was this a fair outcome? any views

That's for you to decide. Since you accepted the deal, I presume you thought it was fair.

This kind of situation is highly unpleasant. The only positive is that you get educated quickly, in your case at little cost. Make sure you draw the lessons and apply them and it was probably all worth it.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline coin_lover

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 10:09:10 PM »
well Peter I not entirely satisfied, the fraudster continues to operate on ebay,I made a strong point to ebay to take action agains him and the only difference I see is that he has removed few ites from listing. But I still note other fake items there.
And yes I am learnt a lesson from this.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 10:49:01 PM »
There's nothing to stop you from relating your experiences with him on every forum, chat site or facebook. Just stay cool. No negative adjectives, facts and examples only to keep you out of trouble. Your objective should be to inform, not to take revenge.

Otherwise, it's probably best to leave this episode behind you and do something positive with coins. I read there is a coin show near you next weekend. How about going there and trying to meet one or more of our members? They are nice people. Post a message, exchange mobile phone numbers and prepare for an inspiring day.

Peter

Offline coin_lover

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 11:25:12 AM »
yes you are right Peter it is better to put this episode behind unless someone wants to know from you if the coins he sells are real or fake.

And I do plan to visit the coin show this weekend :)