News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Most ridiculous collector coins

Started by Bimat, January 28, 2009, 02:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

Its NCNLT (Non Circulating Non Legal Tender).Not even souvenir or memorabilia.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Figleaf

They are not even unusual. There are so many junk issues ... uhhh ... pseudo coins ... uhhh ... medal coins ... uhhh ... non-circulation legal tender. Whatever. I just try not ever to call them coins.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Abhay

Here are some more Coins from Somalia - Motorcycle Coins.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Abhay

It's amazing!!!

I found Car Coins also!!

Guitars, Animals, Motocycles, Cars, Geometric Shapes - Whatever Next?  Maybe Burgers and Pizzas ;D ;D ;D

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Figleaf

They are used to outrun the Somali version of the Janjaweed.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

There are some heart shaped coins of Cuba (and they are red colored ;D).A perfect gift for your BF/GF if he/she is a collector :D :D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Abhay

Quote from: Numismatica on June 01, 2010, 06:34:31 PM
There are some heart shaped coins of Cuba (and they are red colored ;D).A perfect gift for your BF/GF if he/she is a collector :D :D

Aditya

I didn't find coins from Cube, but here are other Heart shaped coins.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Bimat

Here's one more which I just saw on web.This time it's from Canada..  >:( >:( >:(

Aditya

Bimat

Here's another one..This time, Eiffel Tower has been offended. ;D

Aditya

<k>

Christian posts lots of these:

He's such a chocoholic, he had to go to hospital after eating this Cook Islands coin.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

<k>

Cook Islands, $10, 2007.  Easter Island.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

Bimat

Quote from: <k> on January 29, 2015, 05:26:29 PM
Cook Islands, $10, 2007.  Easter Island.

Ridiculous, outrageous, hideous..no enough words to describe this trash! >:(

Aditya

Figleaf

This thread is howlingly funny. How about this one: the most interesting part is where there's no metal.

Peter

Abhay

How about this Celsius Coin?

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Figleaf

I have tried to think of a term for them. How about fonney? From funny and money. If you find that they are neither, explain it as coming from phoney and money. :)

Peter