Author Topic: The Coinage of Ethiopia, Eritrea and Italian Somalia  (Read 2101 times)

Austrokiwi

The Coinage of Ethiopia, Eritrea and Italian Somalia
« on: January 23, 2009, 07:29:43 PM »
I recently obtained a copy of this 1991 book by Dennis Gill. It is a very solid reference and well worth reading. My only complaint is the cost.  My copy was just over 100.00  and I have seen some sellers seeking as high as 600.00

Offline Afrasi

• Honorary Member
  • To do is to doo be dooh ...
Re: The Coinage of Ethiopia, Eritrea and Italian Somalia
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:13:42 AM »
Hello!

I did send a mail to Dennis and got the book much cheaper direct from him. The book is much better than the work of Melvin J. Kohl, but it is no more up to date. There are some things wrong and many varieties are missing or not not described very well. I wish there would be a second edition soon.

Afrasi

Austrokiwi

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:03:09 AM »
Hi Afrasi

I wish I had known about contacting Dennis Gill directly, but still I am pleased with the book.   Regarding you observations about the accuracy of the book.........from my experience that comment of yours applies to nearly every coin reference I know, that the advantage of forums like this one; informaton can be communicated and tested far more rapidly than a paper publication allows for. 

Offline kokosan

• Reader
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 08:56:19 PM »
Hello,
I have questions to some of you collectors. Does anyone have this book The Coinage of Ethiopia, Eritrea and Italian Somalia and can help me? PM pls.
I wrote letter to Gill long time ago but he can't help with selling copy of book. Prices in the internet are so high....

Cheers.