Author Topic: The Coins of India - The Mughal Emperors Part VII - (Shah Alam I Bhadur)  (Read 1470 times)

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
The fruits of labour put in by Arthur Needham and Mohammad Tariq are now ready for plucking.

A fantastic book, well written and equally well published - the result of the hard work put in by both the authors and the publisher is now available. Priced Rs 3995/-, it appears a bit stiffly priced by Indian standards, but the book is well worth the value considering it is in full colour and with many (well almost 80%+ pages of the book) illustrations and maps.

Look forward to receive the next one.............on Jahandar Shah.

Amit
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:33:17 AM by asm »
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
A fantastic achievement & a battle finally won  8)
Vic

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
INR 3500 would be about EUR 45, GBP 35 or USD 60.
INR 4000 would be about EUR 50, GBP 40 or USD 70.

Exchange rates move around.

Happy to see the first volume published. Even happier to see that many more are planned. Wishing the authors good luck on their endeavour. Indian history deserves such a series of exhaustively researched and painstakingly illustrated books.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
I saw an advertisement by Numismatic book seller who is offering at discounted rate of approximately  INR 3200/-

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Yes. The book sellers take a big discount and then pass some of it on to the buyers. I believe that the offer for 3200 was withdrawn from eBay under pressure from the publisher and the book is now sold at 3500.

Amit

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
The Publisher can be contacted at the email id mentioned in the flyer.

Amit

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
A fantastic achievement & a battle finally won 
Yes.
I went through the book in details and have seen the really pain staking efforts put in by the duo - one a member of WoC and another earlier associated with this forum. Also, I give a lot of credit to WoC for bringing together like minded people who are interested in improving the future of numismatics...............

Amit