News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Aurangzeb Katak AH 1078 RY 10

Started by Coinsforever, April 23, 2014, 05:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coinsforever

Aurangzeb  Katak AH 1078 RY 10

Usually for this mint later years coins are easy to find , initial year coins are hard for this scarce mint.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

mitresh

You've been busy picking nice and different Mughal pieces, haven't you? I can just see the faint dotted border along the edges that makes it a nice specimen.
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.

Coinsforever

Quote from: mitresh on May 12, 2014, 07:48:18 PM
You've been busy picking nice and different Mughal pieces, haven't you? I can just see the faint dotted border along the edges that makes it a nice specimen.

Yes Mitreshji

What I'm collecting now a days just following friends here (asm , Tariq , Abhay & Abhishek ) who have vast experience . I've learned many aspects of this hobby and this investment of experience and knowledge will turn into a healthy collection in future. (fingers crossed   ;)  )

Cheers ;D

Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

mitresh

Pleasure for you, Treasure for family. Good luck, more power and progress to you.

Abhay

Well, I started to collect coins very early, about 25 years back. In those days, the supply of coins was in abundance, there were very few collectors, and the prices were rock bottom.

Can you believe that  I have many Princely States and Mughal Coins, which I have purchased for as low as Rs. 130-140? It is my habit to write the purchase price on the coin holder.

But yes, you are very true in saying that over the period of time, your collection will become a Treasure, which you and your family can enjoy forever.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

mitresh

The power of compounding works best based on an early start however market rates differ at various points in time. Also, the value and purchasing power of money is different then and now. I may wish to purchase a stock or share, a Mutual Fund or a house at rock bottom rates but I'll have to shell out the prevailing market price and not what it was at inception or a few years or decades back. Inflation, demand and supply etc all come into play over time. New or recent collectors who have started their hobby afresh or a few years back have to pay TODAY's price for their collection and wait for the compounding effect of time so that TOMORROW they can also chuckle at the prices they paid YESTERDAY. Life goes on........

Abhay

I fully agree to what you say Mitresh, but the point which I was trying to make is that there were hardly any coin collectors in those days, there were no Auctions, and hence the rates were very low. Today, there are many more collectors, many auction houses, and hence for each coin, many more buyers to pay a premium for the same coin - thus pushing the price higher. Also, the supply of old coins was quite high.  There were times, and I have seen this personally, when people used to bring old silver coins in KILOS to the jewelers to sell them. 
Today, you hardly find old silver coins in the market, or with the dealers.

Can you believe that I was offered a set of 5, 10 and 15 rupee Gold Coins for Rs. 45000 about 10 years back, when Gold used to sell for about Rs. 6000 per 10 grams? I made the biggest mistake of my life, thinking that I would be a fool to pay Rs. 45000 for about 20 grams of Gold Coins. :'( :'( :'( :'( (These tears are for real).

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

mitresh

:D :D :D I've also shed many a tear (and continue to do so) when I'm offered something worth thousands for lakhs, it works for me in the reverse order than for you ;) , I remember in late Eighties and early Nineties I used to get the Mauryan PMC for a pittance (Rs 30-40 per pc) and now, you'll have to pay minimum Rs 250-300 or more per pc, that is what time + demand does to prices not only limited to coins but general stuff as well.  I still remember my late Grandfather tell me 'when i was a boy in the 30s and 40s, we got a lot for a mere paisa or anna', nowadays I wonder what you can buy for say Rs 10 except cold stares.......

asm

Quote from: mitresh on May 13, 2014, 12:08:14 PM
...... I still remember my late Grandfather tell me 'when i was a boy in the 30s and 40s, we got a lot for a mere paisa or anna', nowadays I wonder what you can buy for say Rs 10 except cold stares.......
I remember a employee of my grandfather tell me that in the early 40's he bought a British made bicycle (it was a luxury then) from the small amount that he got as a bonus ............. and I remember that when I started collecting coins (not a very long time a go), I bought my first silver rupees @ 90 - 140 range (yes Indian rupees and not US dollars. Not very long back, I used to pick up rupees @ 400 each and coppers @ 20 - 25 each. A copper offered at above Rs 50 used to get me so excited that I used to roundly curse the seller to his face.............

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

mitresh

The poor copper is the next El Dorado, I was shocked by the recent realization at Tody auctions where ancient coppers went for more than Rs 10-12 thousand each...... :o :o