Coin for Door Inlay

Started by Abhay, April 08, 2014, 05:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Coin, in your opinion, will look good on the Doors as Inlay?

Victoria Mohur Lion and Palm Design
2 (40%)
20 Paisa Sun and Lotus Design
3 (60%)
Any other Indian Coin
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 15, 2014, 05:35:50 AM

Abhay

I am in the process of moving to my new House sometimes late this year.
The Building construction is already over, and within 2-3 months, the work of installing doors and windows will start.
My Interior Designer has suggested, looking to my hobby of coin collecting, that the Doors of the House should display a Replica Coin, cast in some light metal like Aluminium, into 8-10 inch size, embedded between two glass sheets.

I am not able to decide the design of the coin, and hence this poll to seek your ideas.

Thanks for your ideas.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

asm

Don't you think that this is an open invite to anti social elements.............that they could chance upon some treasure inside?

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Coinsforever

The high end museums usually keep high security with CCTV cameras installed all over the area internally /externally.

If you intend to install fency doors with design of coins very innovative idea, but I also feel it should be limited to internal rooms doors  and all .

Outside doors can be normal as usual.

Cheers ;D

Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Figleaf

I think the lion and palm is more appropriate, as a variant is still in use, but I would suggest taking off the texts. The lotus design is nice, but can be mis-interpreted as a political symbol. ;)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Abhay

Dear Amit and Ajay,

Don't worry. This door will be used only inside the house, and that too, for my Coin Room.

Even I agree with Peter, that the Sun and Lotus coin is a better choice.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

dheer

Interesting ...
There is also an innovating wall frame that can hold multiple coins and create a pattern ... looks nice on the wall with different coins inside creating a nice design ... forgot the link ...
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies