News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Ultrasound cleaning

Started by Globetrotter, March 23, 2014, 03:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globetrotter

An ultrasound machine might help you. Just see this before and after. Of course the coin is a cu-ni and not copper, so maybe it was easier?

Ole

yougotmi

Quote from: Globetrotter on March 23, 2014, 03:17:49 PM
An ultrasound machine might help you. Just see this before and after. Of course the coin is a cu-ni and not copper, so maybe it was easier?

Ole

That was very nicely done.  How did the ultrasound machine make a difference like this.

Globetrotter

By "vibrating" the coin with a very high frequency in the non corrosive special liquid recommended for that kind of machine....

I use it quite a lot to clean coins and it does NOT lower the coins grade, on the contrary!

Ole

yougotmi

Thanks Ole.  It was an interesting thing to learn.

Globetrotter

It was an investment of around 40 euros I had wanted to make for a long time, and my wife gave it to my as a b-day present some years ago. Hardly a day where I don't use it for my coins! Every so often my wife wants me to clean her jewels, which works very well, so she's also happy.... Mine is 600 ml Sanitas bought on Amazon. The liquid is also sold by amazon. The liter is around 18 euro, but I have not even finished my first liter after 2 years of nearly daily use, so that's very economic, isn't it?

Ole

Figleaf

Got one for my birthday also. Works on tap water. Haven't tried it yet, but am planning to and will post results. These machines have gotten really cheap...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.