Portugal 2014: Revolution Anniversary / Family Farming

Started by chrisild, October 24, 2013, 03:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwcoin

There really is a foul in Portugal that looks like what is pictured on the coin.  :o

Figleaf

For me, fowl is not boids, but an ingredient of what I am eating. Pintade would be a luxury ingredient, used like chicken, but with more and better tasting meat. It is available in nicer restaurants and bigger supermarkets (rather less prepared...)

Peter

An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

kwcoin

is this a case of you say tomato and I say tomáto ?  ;D

chrisild

The Carnation Revolution commem can be had now. In a German coin forum, numisfreund posted this video link. The video (in Portuguese) shows and explains the design ...

Christian

Destrans

Bimat

The issue date of 'Family Farming' piece is in October, right? I recently got the 'Revolution Anniversary' piece (along with the Italian, Dutch (3 colored + 1 non colored), French, Belgian and Maltese €2 issues of 2014; however I'm seeing a new issue every two weeks or so these days! Makes it really difficult for someone from outside EU to keep the track of everything! ::) (Not to mention numerous collector coins issued for face: Finland, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Malta, Spain, Netherlands...)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

chrisild

Quote from: Bimat on August 18, 2014, 11:49:19 AM
The issue date of 'Family Farming' piece is in October, right?

Right, that is what the mint says. As for the multitude of commemorative €2 coins, it is about as difficult for people who are in the euro area. ;)  With almost two dozen countries that may issue such pieces (and two per year), we do have quite a few commems every year now. By and large I tend to ignore the collector coins; for me they don't have much to do with the concept of a common currency. But of course I make exceptions when I like the design and/or theme of such a piece ...

Christian

Pabitra

There are several sites and newsletters, which provide updated information on 2 Euro commem coins.
They are extremely popular and there are several dealers who exclusively dealith them.
There are several publishers who publish albums on them.

Should you need to know the same, please PM me your personal address and I will mail the latest status report.