Author Topic: SquareEarth's €5 Common side  (Read 1151 times)

Offline SquareEarth

• cn jp kr vn
SquareEarth's €5 Common side
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:13 PM »
The light grey area on each coin is for latent images  :)

There is no fully cupronickel coin in the set yet, so... why not?
The either the Map or the light grey area should be background of the latent image.

Richer EU countries may ditch their €0.01 and €0.02 coins and introduce a new €5 coin, poorer ones may keep the current configuration.

Make €5 €10 and €20 polymer notes, €5 polymer note circulates concurrently with €5 coin.

It sounds complicated but actually save EU a lot of money.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 06:28:07 PM by Niels »
Tong Bao_Tsuho_Tong Bo_Thong Bao

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
Re: SquareEarth's €5 Common side
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »
What I like about the design is that it "blends in": It continues the series and also adds new features (latent image) without being a radically new design. I like the first one better, with the word "euro" being at the bottom. (What you wrote about the "fully white" part I do not quite understand ...)

The line that is not vertical but diagonal looks good. But I would make it run parallel to the line in the "5" digit.

Christian

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:36:17 AM »
I interpret the illustrations as one design with a double latent image that shows the word EURO in two different places, depending on the light. I also think the design is meant for a white metal.

Like chrisild, I appreciate the design, but I think it should be more welcome in 2030, when there will be talk about how we need to replace the 10 euro note with a coin. ;) Look at the current series. There is regularity of design, diameter and metal in each group of three successive denominations (1-2-5 cent, 10-20-50 cent and 1-2 euro). I would expect to find that regularity extrapolated on a circulation five euro coin.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline SquareEarth

• cn jp kr vn
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 04:50:33 AM »
(What you wrote about the "fully white" part I do not quite understand ...)
Fully "white copper": fully cupronickel. As no coin in the series is fully "white" in colour.
I also think the design is meant for a white metal.
Exactly. We need white metal coin in the Euro set.

The line that is not vertical but diagonal looks good. But I would make it run parallel to the line in the "5" digit.
It's a good idea :) I will work on that later.

I interpret the illustrations as one design with a double latent image that shows the word EURO in two different places, depending on the light.
No, you over-thought it, it's two designs. I conceived the two latent images to be in the same place, but show up differently depending on the light. But I should have produced two images for one coin, I will work on that later.

What I like about the design is that it "blends in": It continues the series and also adds new features (latent image) without being a radically new design.
Like chrisild, I appreciate the design, but I think it should be more welcome in 2030, when there will be talk about how we need to replace the 10 euro note with a coin. ;) Look at the current series. There is regularity of design, diameter and metal in each group of three successive denominations (1-2-5 cent, 10-20-50 cent and 1-2 euro). I would expect to find that regularity extrapolated on a circulation five euro coin.
Maybe 2030 is a date too early for 10 Euro coin. Eurozone inflation is not that rampant. But shall the day come, we will have:
1-2-5 cent, 10-20-50 cent ,1-2-5 euro and 10-20-50 euro coins :o, 10-20-50 being made of completely different patterns.
Maybe by 2100 ;D

Offline SquareEarth

• cn jp kr vn
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 05:08:52 AM »
This should be fine...

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 06:28:58 PM by Niels »