Author Topic: italy comm. 2 euro 2008  (Read 3479 times)

Offline annovi.frizio

• Meritorious Member
    • FRIZIODESIGN
italy comm. 2 euro 2008
« on: December 10, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »
picture:

issue today...

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:22:27 PM by annovi.frizio »
Frizio Graphic Designer
http://www.friziodesign.it/

BC Numismatics

Italy 2008 commemorative 2 Euros.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:12:03 PM »
Frizio,
  That's a very nice coin.Its design looks like one of Michelangelo's paintings.

Aidan.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: italy comm. 2 euro 2008
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »
A bit busy for my taste, but a worthy issue for a commemorative.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 07:35:11 AM »
On that occasion (60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights) four euro countries issued commemorative coins - Belgium, Finland, Italy and Portugal. In my opinion, this is the best design. The Finnish 2 one looks neat too but the words "Human Rights" are somewhat hard to read ...

Christian

Offline a3v1

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:24:07 AM »
On that occasion (60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights) four euro countries issued commemorative coins - Belgium, Finland, Italy and Portugal.
And the Italian coin is the only one issued at the exact date of the anniversary, December 10.
In my opinion, this is the best design.
If my opinion counts, it even is the best design by far of all 2 commemoratives 2008.
Regards,
a3v1
Over half a century of experience as a coin collector.
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.

Offline Tomerino

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »
It's a very nice coin but a little bit busy for me. I hope soon put one in my collection.

grtz

BC Numismatics

Italy 2008 commemorative 2 Euros.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »
It's a very nice coin but a little bit busy for me. I hope soon put one in my collection.

grtz

Welcome aboard!

I won't be getting this coin,as it isn't in my area of numismatic interest.If it had been from Cyprus,Ireland,or Malta,I would have definitely got one.

Aidan.

Offline Tomerino

Re: Italy 2008 commemorative 2 Euros.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 01:09:30 PM »
Welcome aboard!

I won't be getting this coin,as it isn't in my area of numismatic interest.If it had been from Cyprus,Ireland,or Malta,I would have definitely got one.

Aidan.

Thanks

I'm trying to collect every euro of every year and all belgium coins since king Boudewijn.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 02:29:08 PM »
@Tomerino: About the same here. Well, I do not collect the euro coins per year, but I do want to have every type of the circulation pieces and the commemorative 2 coins. Next month will be a busy one, with all those Euro/EMU "jubilee" coins.

@a3v1: Yes, I think so too. In general I prefer, for modern coins, a design that is not too busy. This one looks great; the designer Maria Carmela Colaneri created many coins from Italy (and SM and VA) including the Italian 2005 Constitution coin. But it's funny - one of the first sources that you come across when searching for her name says: "Le sue monete si distinguono dalle altre per il fatto che a lei piace mettere in moneta il maggior numero possibile di elementi, anche se talvolta le capita di esagerare." Sounds like Figleaf's comment, hehe. Well, I think that she did a good job here ...

Christian
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:32:38 PM by chrisild »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 02:44:25 PM »
Le sue monete si distinguono dalle altre per il fatto che a lei piace mettere in moneta il maggior numero possibile di elementi, anche se talvolta le capita di esagerare.

Her coins distinguish themselves from others by the fact that she puts the largest possible number of elements on the coin, to the point of exaggeration.

Indeed, I'd find it easy to agree with that sentiment. Simplicity is not easy to achieve at all, but I think it works better, because human minds are excellent in filling out details, so that there's more room for personal interpretation.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »
I'm trying to collect every euro of every year and all belgium coins since king Boudewijn.

Maybe this thread would be of interest to you. Let's help each other out with new issues.

Peter

Offline Tomerino

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 03:00:10 PM »
Maybe this thread would be of interest to you. Let's help each other out with new issues.

Peter

That's a good idea

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 06:53:08 AM »
That is an amazing design! I have got the commemorative from Portugal (Declaration of Human Rights) (Thanks,Peter!)
BTW, what is the mintage of this issue?

Aditya
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:25:39 PM by Bimat »
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
what is the mintage of this issue?

2.5 million according to the Gazzetta Ufficiale (Italian government bulletin). Some EU sources, such as the ECB, say 5 million - but that is the total face value AFAIK, not the total mintage.

Christian

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »
In my opinion, this is the best design.
Christian
I liked the Portugal variety too-but this one is better..
BTW,This wikipedia article gives images and related information of all Euro commemoratives issued till date.Here,the mintage of Italian issue is given to be 5 Million.But I would believe in 2.5Million..
And When I look at this list-I realize that I still miss many commemoratives :( :'(

Aditya

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:25:52 PM by Bimat »
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.