Nezak Huns of Kabul: Napki Malka (630-711) AR Drachm (MACW-1510)

Started by Quant.Geek, November 06, 2013, 07:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quant.Geek

Nezak Huns of Kabul: Napki Malka (630-711) AR Drachm (MACW-1510)

I would have added this to the other thread, but it seems it is getting rather large with various types of Hunnic coinage.  I kind of prefer single thread per coin, but moderators, feel free to move if necessary  :)

Obv: Bust of "Napki" type with winged headress surmounted by a Bull's head. Control marks behind head. Pehlvi legend - "NAPKI MaLKa"
Rev: Normal fire altar and attendants design. Control marks behind each attendant

A high-resolution image of this coin is available on Zeno.

A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins

THCoins

Very nice detailed coin, both obverse and reverse, with a very attractive color. Congratulations on this!

When i started the other Hun thread, the Hunnic coins were virtually absent. So at the time it was nice to concentrate them in one thread. I agree with you that that thread has gotten quite large now. Seems perfectly OK to me to open a separate thread on this one now.

Figleaf

Made my day, QG. The quiet and dignified look of the portrait is a joy to behold.

Don't you ever run into worn coins? :P

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Quant.Geek

@THCoins: One of the best looking coins I found in this series, glad I could acquire it.  Still have a few more Hunnic coins to post...

@Peter: Guess I am no longer lucky  ;D
A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins