News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

British India King George VI Half Anna (1940-1947)

Started by Harry, October 25, 2013, 06:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

I think they incorrectly classified them differently due to the mint mark - dot between the dashes on one and just a dash on the other.  Pridmore does not classify them differently expect to state the mints.
Collector of British India, Straits Settlements, Malaya, East Africa coins and papermoney

Squarepenny

I have a 1947 1/2 anna with the Bombay mint -.- mintmark ... thought you might be interested.  It also has the small test marks in the obverse and reverse fields

zookeeperz

Hi. I know this post is quite old now but I was interested in reading the differences in the different mint marks on the 1946-1947 1/2 anna coins. I noted from the picture of the 1947 which was thought to be from the lahore mint but was disputed as lahore didn't make 1947 1/2 anna coins with 1947 on them. Could this be an error as the 1947 coin in the picture has the Calcutta mint mark or rather lack of one. As I have 1947 from the Bombay mint with the mintmark in the center of the lines. Also has the test mark behind the head but cannot see one on the reverse. I see the listing for 1947(b) as rare and if so is this such a coin?

Thanks in advance.

@josephjk

Yes that is a rare 1947b 1/2 anna. Thanks for posting! Nice coin!

WillieBoyd2

Thank you for the information on the British India half anna mints.

I have had these coins for fifty years and did not know that they were made at different mints.

British India Half Anna 1942 Bombay

British India Half Anna 1943 Calcutta

:)
https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television