News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Dealers advertising or not?

Started by muntenman, April 30, 2007, 04:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what are your hidden goldmines?

Yes I wanna share my adresses of little coinshops you can check out if you are nearby
Yes I wanna know something about a destination I want to go too
maybe I will tell the world about the goldmine I discovered recently
No, it is my gioldmine and I want no other diggers
No, I never go on holiday because i do not like to travel

muntenman

I live in the City of Rotterdam, Holland. The only Rotterdam-store there is in the whole city which sells coins is situated at Botersloot near the large library at the end of the Hoogstraat. ;D ;D ;D. You can buy there and sell there between Tuesday and Saturday and you have to ask for Mike.

This is no advertising, just inside information.
GLOBAL MODERATOR under the name of GRIVNAGOZER at www.munthunter.nl

Figleaf

This site is all about exchanging information. So here's my favourite dealer:

Albert L. Gammon
P.O. Box 1343
Sun City, AZ 85372

phone: +1 623 974-5069 (8 am to 8 pm MST)

I don't think Al has discovered either the computer, or the credit card yet. I just send him US banknotes for payment. His fixed price lists are crammed with modern world coins at an attractive price, even more attractive now that the dollar is weak.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

muntenman

Thank you for the tip and the Polish adress... ;D
GLOBAL MODERATOR under the name of GRIVNAGOZER at www.munthunter.nl

Rangnath

thanks Peter,
I just called him up and talked with him.  He's sending me his list tomorrow.
richie

King-of-counters

My favourite dealers have been  Andy Singer in the U.S., he's from Vienna, Va and L. Schulman b.v. in the Netherlands, but they recently where sold to a South African and an American gentleman. Laurens sister is still with the company.
You can find Andy at all the big shows in the U.S. He sells all high grade European coins middle ages thru Napoleon I think, he has a doctorate in history and is extremely knowledgeable.
And the Schulman bv. work out of there shop in Bussum. They carry a full spectrum of stock I believe but can't be sure.
Greetings, Pieter... 8)
Counters are what I look for and study

Figleaf

Wondering what you think of Al Gammon, Richie.

KoC: Andy has a web site; the new Schulman web site is here.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Rangnath

In general, I have an affection for gruff, no nonsense, honest business people from the pre information age.  I like Albert Gammon.
I completed one order with Albert, after I recieved his typed but non software assisted inventory of coins.  There was a lot to like in that list!  Unfortunately, lists such as that are often in need of constant updating, and many of my first and second choices were not available for sale by the time Albert recieved my order. Accordingly, a partial refund check was included with his shipment to me.
That's not a serious problem, but the next time I order coins from Albert, I'll include third and fourth choices too! The prices were discounted to "book" value, where book values exist, by what? 20%?  I can get better discounts at my local coin dealer, but then again, my local dealer doesn't have the same inventory that Albert has.
I found Albert's grading to be completely satisfactory.  The coins I did recieve delighted me and I will do business with him in the future.
richie

Figleaf

Richie: next time order by phone. He doesn't mind and he'll tell you right away which coins are still available.

Peter

Rangnath

Peter, I thought I'd mention that I have had more contact with Albert.  Why did I describe him as gruf?  Maybe I spoke to him after a particularly bad golf game.  I'd describe him as soft spoken now, polite, kind, helpful.. I like interacting with him.  Thanks again for the recommendation.
richie

Figleaf

Richie (and others interested in older coins), this dealer has a lot of weird, overpriced modern pseudo coins and he's not above a little hyping, but I think his older coins are interesting. Try this page of his site.

Good luck,

Peter

Prosit

I buy most of my stuff from eBay (nothing expensive) and try to work out trades with folks around the world as well.  Very few other dealers that I buy from.

However:
I buy from Frank Robinson's world coin list almost every time it comes out.
http://www.fsrcoin.com/
It has been my experience that when i get the email list (usually at work) better order IMMEDIATELY to get what I want.  Very nice prices.  Haven't won amything on his Ancient sale yet
but I will...maybe a interesting Marcus Aurilius den someday.

I buy ocassionally from Jake's marketplace
http://www.jakesmp.com/
and
ECI
http://www.eurocollections.com/

That is about it.

Dale

Figleaf

Frank Robinson is a great recommendation, Dale. I am now going through his over 250 pages list. With the dollar down as it is, his prices are dreamlike. I am relieved he accepts credit cards. I just wish he'd put in KM numbers. It would have speeded up things considerably.

Peter

Prosit

You need to sign up for his email list, because after about a day, most of the stuff is gone.  I reccommend ordering immediately as soon as u get the list by email if you want anything.  I have waited 4 hours to order and got nothing.  When I ordered immediately I got the entire order.
Dale

Figleaf

Thanks for the warning, Dale. I can't handle that. Work must come first and I don't have enough spare time to gamble on things still being available.

Peter