Author Topic: A Beautiful Jahangir, Nazarana Gold Mohur, Agra Mint- On sale in Ahemadabad  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
This beautiful Gold Nazarana Mohur from Jahangir is for sale at an Auction at Ahemadabad.

The starting price is Rs. 15.00 Lacs, and there is already 1 bid.

Details: (From Auction Catalogue):

"Jahangir, Nazarana Gold Mohur, Agra Mint, Ilahi month Sharewar, Ilahi 12, AH 1026. (KM 176.1). Obverse: within three circles made up of dots and lines, Persian legend in thulth calligraphy, Nuruddin Jahangir Shah Akbar Shah with underlying foral background. Rev Persian legend in nastaliq calligraphy : Zarb Agra, Sanah 1026, mah Shahrewar Ilahi with floral backgraound within dotted and linear circle. A magnificient example of Mughal Numismatic art. A true Nazarana coin made for presentation purposes. Extremely fine with some mint lustre. Very rare."

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline abhinumis

• Honorary Member
Waooow!!! The coin is breathtaking.. And so is the price!! I came in numismatic too late!
Dr.Abhishek

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Waooow!!! The coin is breathtaking.. And so is the price!! I came in numismatic too late!

Please do not reopen my old wounds.......... I was stupid enough to have bought 2 Mohors @ 8000 and then sold one whein the price crossed 11,000............to pay for a Noor Jahan Rupee and another Jahangir Agra Rupee...... Fortunately I still hold the other one. Aurangzeb, Sholapur Mint.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline mitresh

• Honorary Member
Hey Amit! Why don't you post your Aurangzeb Sholapur Mohur?
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.