News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Indian Temple Token

Started by Tokai Hunter, July 30, 2013, 07:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokai Hunter

Hi,
Im just a beginner with a coin collection from my late father.
He had this coin which I am curious to know about. I
am attaching a picture of it and if you do know anything
about it please do enlighten me.
thank you
G

Bimat

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Tokai Hunter

Thanks Bimat for the info and for the links.

Tokai Hunter

Here are some of my other coins

Figleaf

I see a few from India, dating from the late British East India Company era to the early days of independent India and at least one from East Africa. If you want to know more about the coins of your father, we can help. Here is the first step.

On each coin, there is a date and the name of a country. The dates are the easiest, but you will find that the name of the country is not too difficult either. Arrange your coins by name of country. Arrange each country by date. Now go to this site:

http://numismaster.com/ta/numis.jsp (there are others that will do the same thing)

Click on "find my coin". As coin origin, select "world". Now you are ready to fill in country and date. Click on "find my coin". This will give you a list of coins with that date struck for that country. Note the catalogue number, denomination and anything else you like. When you are finished, you will have a list of coins you have fully identified (Excel is great for this).

The next step is to organise storage. Ask when you are ready.

Peter

An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Tokai Hunter

Thanks Peter,
I will get down to doing this sort of profiling as early as possible.
And once I am through I will get back and request about storage.
warm regards
G