Author Topic: Which is the most Unique, Topic Starter coin in your collection??  (Read 5515 times)

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
Re: Which is the most Unique, Topic Starter coin in your collection??
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »
I've managed to find some unique rarities off Ebay listed as unidentified, probably the best was a Mughal coin, the only known example of a Rupee struck during Aurangzebs incursion into Ladakh,  Tibet-i-Kalan mint, it caused huge interest.
Vic

Offline mrbadexample

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 12:30:16 AM »
My Swedish 4 daler plÄtmynt. It just blows my mind that this was considered currency.

Unlike many of your offerings though, it needed no special skills or knowledge to acquire.  :-\

Offline MORGENSTERNN

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 06:11:13 PM »
Hello,
Hard to answer (many coins to post later including some interesting error coins and scarce issues).
One of the most interesting coin I found was a Dewas Sr. Branch, Paisa ino Vikram Sinh Rao Pawar, VS 2000 AD 1943 because that date was unrecorded before see that topic (reply 20) http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,8251.15.html

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 08:30:22 PM »
My all-time best conversation starter was this tax token. It is sublimely weird on many levels, but it is a real TX local government issue. While it doesn't pretend to be a coin, it is metallic foil. It was stolen five years ago.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.