Author Topic: The British Aluminium Co Ltd (note also includes WEBSTER'S PATENT)  (Read 10908 times)

Offline tamsvt1

Re: The British Aluminium Co Ltd (note also includes WEBSTER'S PATENT)
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2018, 11:19:12 PM »
Possibly ELLIOTT EDMINSON & OLNEY could have been involved in the manufacture or distribution of cutlery using this patented metal.

I have another series of tokens here that I have never been able to satisfactorily explain. W. B. Andrews & Co. Dudley England Arguroid Silver Registered WM 30mm. Various reverses are 6d, 1/-, 2/- and 2/6 all with the numbers 1 to 4 included. These are seen more often in Australia and New Zealand rather than England although
very scarce here too. The use of 'England' on the token implies it was for use in the colonies. Apparently this arguroid silver was used for cutlery.

Mal, I recently picked up a similar token from a collector in Italy.  The denomination is  2 1/6.    Did you ever find any more information on these tokens ?    Thanks,  Pete
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:31:01 PM by malj1 »

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 11:34:57 PM »
No I am no further forward with this question but always hoping to find more information. I do now have a 1 1/6

Did you see this page ???  (click on this page)
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline tamsvt1

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2018, 11:44:47 PM »
OK, thanks for the update.  I appreciate it.

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »
Another large aluminium piece, 47.77mm, commemorating the first ingots of Lochabar Aluminium produced by the The British Aluminium Co Ltd 30th December 1929
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.