Coin with a pentagram

Started by aristonazir, February 15, 2013, 11:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aristonazir

Hi everybody.

I have this coin in my collection and i really don't know where is it from! It is copper, 15 mm in diameter, it has a pentagram in one side and a script that i don't know in the other (maybe islamic). Little help, please?
"Η πενία πολλών εστιν ενδεής, η δ' απληστία πάντων".
"Poverty is lack of many things and greed of all"

Aristotle

malj1

Could be from Morocco. Reverse image is unclear; perhaps like 1 or 2 MUZUNA - AH1320 / 1902AD reform coinage.

ETA AH1330
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

akona20

This coin was presented to me to look at about a month ago from another site. I have not had time to look at it. However the weight would be good and a better contrast picture for the side with the writing.

malj1

It looks better the other way up and enhanced a little.

AH 12xx.... perhaps a Falus.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

aristonazir

Unfortunately i don't know its weight. I haven't bought a scale yet, but i have planned it. I will inform you as soon as possible. Thank you very much!

Aristotle

aristonazir

There is a possibility that the coin is not copper, but billon. But the best way is to weigh it, as soon as i buy a scale.

Aristotle

capnbirdseye

Here's a similar one of mine, in equally poor condition, I think mine is Ghorids of Ghazna,
Vic

aristonazir

Aristotle

Figleaf

Sorry, Vic. Yours has a 6-pointed star. I would go with Morocco also, but can't read enough of the text on the other side.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

akona20

Somewhere I have a coin (cleaned) with a star on it. I must find it and see if there is a similarity

capnbirdseye

Quote from: Figleaf on February 24, 2013, 09:25:06 AM
Sorry, Vic. Yours has a 6-pointed star. I would go with Morocco also, but can't read enough of the text on the other side.

Peter

Mines was in a job lot of 20 Khwarizm & Ghorid jitals I had from Robert Tye, it's different to aristonazirs coin for sure
Vic

aristonazir

Thank all of you. The condition of this coin doesn't help at all.  :)

Aristotle

aristonazir

Aristotle