December competition 2012!

Started by andyg, December 20, 2012, 01:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyg

Once again I've taken ten coins - with a theme - Can you work out what they are ?

For hints see the 2011 thread, 2010 thread or the 2009 thread

Simply PM me your answers and I will post the amount you have correct, send as many PM's with answers as you like.  To win this year if you have 10 correct answers we will hold a draw, if no one has 10 then the 1st prize goes to whoever has most.

Last entry is 30th December 2012, after which I will post the prize (s) to the winner (s).

Please do not post answers in this thread.
Comments welcome!

1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes (selected from my spares tin) below -
1st prize gets to choose first.
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

paisepagal

And i thought I was going to be bored in office !  ;D

Bimat

The winner will receive a prize from me too, as promised earlier elsewhere. :) Should I declare what it would be or should it be a secret? ;)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

paisepagal

Well, since you will hand over the prize to me, you can let the other poor suckers know what it'll be  :P ;D
Else I'm salivating for the top left coin

Bimat

There may be some change in criteria for prize from me (not yet finalized)..since the winner is already getting a nice coin from Andy, I think some other participant should be given my prize so that there are more than 3 winners. :) Will keep you updated...The aim is to get more people involved and enjoy the competition!

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

andyg

Quote from: Bimat on December 20, 2012, 03:37:31 PM
The winner will receive a prize from me too, as promised earlier elsewhere. :) Should I declare what it would be or should it be a secret? ;)

Aditya

Goody - I''ll send my answers in.

andyg

Hi andyg!

I now have ten correct answers from you!
Thank you for entering.
Please claim your prize from Bimat.
andyg

andyg

Bimat

Hmm that was clever reply! So do we have our first winner now? ;)

Aditya

dheer

Too bad ... its a very tough one to crack for mortals like us ... i can make some sense of 2,8 and 7 ... the rest seem greak and Latin to me ... maybe Bimat can pull together a similar one based on Indian coins ... it will surely be a hit and I may stand a chance to get prices ...

BTW andyg you definitely need to disqualify some people for be more than qualified for such competition ;)
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

paisepagal

Quote from: dheer on December 20, 2012, 06:38:09 PM
BTW andyg you definitely need to disqualify some people for be more than qualified for such competition ;)

What's this ??! Taking potshots at know-it-alls like me  :P ;D !
You do know the Republic India section has held not one, but two competitions this year right ?
If not, see these threads....

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,13020.msg88413.html#msg88413

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,16086.msg110486.html#msg110486

Now that it seems we'll all survive the dreaded 21 12 12, why not think about opening 2013 with a bang too, you seem the sort of guy who can come up with something imaginative on your own !

Bimat

maybe Bimat can pull together a similar one based on Indian coins

Indian coins and me? It's like geek to me. ;D

Aditya

andyg

We have three entrants - but no one with all ten guessed correctly.
#2 and #3 seem to be the most difficult.

FosseWay

Afrasi