Scottish Vending and Amusement

Started by Figleaf, December 15, 2012, 04:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

White metal, not magnetic (Cu-Ni?), 3.1 gram, 19.9 mm. Both sides are the same.

It think the School for Visual Arts would have come up with something better and the Sociedade Venda Automatica, a Portuguese maker of amusement machines that uses a logo with serifed lettering would have been unable to afford it (they have a staff of 3 persons).

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Afrasi

In German "SV" can stand for "Sportverein". engl: sporting club. The "A" would be standing then for any village or town beginning with an A. That will be hundreds ...

FosseWay

What if anything is on the other side?

The S. Volunteer Association? (Where S is a place name or similar)

Student Veterans of America
Sussex Volleyball Association

africancoins

This is Hayes-365 (British Machine Tokens) - somehow my piece has still escaped being filed. My piece is currently next to a very similar (in termes of size, colour, fonts etc..) "H.C.E" piece (Hayes-191) and H.C.E. is Holmark Coin Equipment.

The piece shown here appears to be Copper-Nickel. Hayes-365 is said to be silvered-brass - most likely they both just exist in the same one composition.

Another similar (except for different legend and larger fonts) is a "P.E." - Hayes-306.10.

S.V.A.  -   seemingly Scotish Vending and Amusement...   (not sure where I got that from - but had a not of it from earlier in the year).

Dating....  1960s/1970s.

Thanks Mr Paul Baker

malj1

Quoteseemingly Scottish Vending and Amusement...

I seem to remember reading that somewhere too.

Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

andyg

Quote from: africancoins on December 15, 2012, 10:40:32 PM
This is Hayes-365 (British Machine Tokens) - somehow my piece has still escaped being filed. My piece is currently next to a very similar (in termes of size, colour, fonts etc..) "H.C.E" piece (Hayes-191) and H.C.E. is Holmark Coin Equipment.

This one was on my desk just in front of me for some reason !
I'd never heard of them 'till this thread.
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

malj1

Quote from: andyg on December 15, 2012, 11:11:13 PM
This one was on my desk just in front of me for some reason !
I'd never heard of them 'till this thread.

That variety is listed at Hayes-191.1
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Figleaf

Scottish Vending and Amusement is good enough for me. Thank you, gentlemen!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.