Author Topic: Quality of Packages for Indian Proof & UNC Sets  (Read 979 times)

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
  • Indian Coins & Currencies
    • Coins of Republic India
Quality of Packages for Indian Proof & UNC Sets
« on: November 26, 2012, 06:05:19 AM »
From early 2000, the Indian mint changed the packaging to Blister Packs for Proof and UNC sets.

I understand the earlier Acrylic packs were not very good from conservation point of view as these were open to air and bad for coins ...

The question is " Are the current packaging of Blister packs" good from conservation point of view? include the quality plastic, paper, gum used ... or is someone who is not bothered about package and collects only coins, better off riping the package and storing the coins seperately?
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

paisepagal

Re: Quality of Packages for Indian Proof & UNC Sets
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:07:16 AM »
From early 2000, the Indian mint changed the packaging to Blister Packs for Proof and UNC sets.

I understand the earlier Acrylic packs were not very good from conservation point of view as these were open to air and bad for coins ...

The question is " Are the current packaging of Blister packs" good from conservation point of view? include the quality plastic, paper, gum used ... or is someone who is not bothered about package and collects only coins, better off riping the package and storing the coins seperately?

The bombay mint started issuing such packs from 1991 actually with the Commonwealth Parliamentary set (Nehru was the last plastic case set).
How do they fair, very well i would say...I had bough the 1992 Quit India set in 1993 when it was issued....20 years down the line, its in good shape...of course, I took care too