Akbar, Kalima type Square Rupee, AH 992, Ahmedabad?

Started by Ansari, October 24, 2012, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansari

Akbar, Kalima type Square Rupee, AH 992

Mint appears to be Ahmedabad. Please confirm.
Weight is 11.5 grams

PeaceBD

A nice looking coin. The mint does look like Ahemdabad from the visible tips of the mint name. Its is hard to find these without test marks. I am still waiting to find one. :(

Ansari

Quote from: PeaceBD on October 24, 2012, 07:56:25 PM
A nice looking coin. The mint does look like Ahemdabad from the visible tips of the mint name. Its is hard to find these without test marks. I am still waiting to find one. :(

Thanks Bhushan, well on my side this is the most common coin of Akbar. :)  Fortunately without any test mark.
The coin is much better but cell phone camera has its own limitations.

PeaceBD

Quote from: Ansari on October 24, 2012, 08:06:03 PM
Thanks Bhushan, well on my side this is the most common coin of Akbar. :)  Fortunately without any test mark.
The coin is much better but cell phone camera has its own limitations.
Though common all the ones I see offered have test marks. You are doing a great job with a cell phone camera.  ;)

saro

Dear Ansari,
The style of this coin is with no doubt the one of Ahmadabad (I possess a similar rupee VF-XF /11,38g  with the same flowered ground / 1 test mark)
The visible upper straight parts of the mintname may fit with Ahmadabad but what should be the "H" is strange..
Did you confirm the weight of 11,8g? over the standard weight which is also strange, even for a high grade coin.

Among more than 50 coins from this mint catalogued by Brown, Whitehead or Wright, the highest recorded weight is 177 grains, this one gives 182 grains...
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

Ansari

Thank you very much saro for your enlightening comment.

How ever i have personally weighed this coin using Jeweler's Manual balance (not digital).

I will confirm the same soon.

saro

11,50 g is a normal weight and the mintname of your coin, even not really well legible but refering to the style, is well Ahmadabad : a nice coin indeed!
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

abhinumis

Here is mine Tariq, 996 A.H.. And the mint name can be distinctly made out to be Ahmedabad.... The coin is in great shape..  Do comment
Dr.Abhishek

Ansari

Quote from: abhinumis on October 28, 2012, 08:46:33 PM
Here is mine Tariq, 996 A.H.. And the mint name can be distinctly made out to be Ahmedabad.... The coin is in great shape..  Do comment

Nice looking with mint name. With the help of this i can very well read mint over my coin.

Thanks