News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Target 50 Bundles "5 Rs"

Started by $$, October 08, 2012, 06:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

$$

Hi,

I have started collecting 5 Rs and 10 Rs bundles.

Target 5 Rs bundles " 50 " and 10 Rs Bundles " 25 "

5 Rs Completed "11" and 10 " 3 "

If someone can help to complete they are welcome and PM me.

Samir
S
  S
     S

dheer

How did you arrive at the number of bundles ... are you filtering something on Rs 10 and adding something on Rs 5 ...
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Mackie

Any specific reason for keeping such a difficult target for yourself? Whats the significance of these specific numbers?
Warm Regards,
Mackie

$$

Hi,

Early in childhood i have seen movies in which many of villians or biggies use to keep bundles in the safe which inspired me but that time it was difficult to get the bundles as i was kids and we use to get 25 paise per day as pocket money.

I  know it is difficult task to collect 50, 5rs bundles but not 10 Rs. But still i believe in "Try try till you success"

There should be something different hobby from others.

I hope that many of my friends on WOC will help me in this task.
Samir
S
  S
     S

asm

Quote from: $$ on October 08, 2012, 06:14:36 AM
I have started collecting 5 Rs and 10 Rs bundles.
Target 5 Rs bundles " 50 " and 10 Rs Bundles " 25 "
5 Rs Completed "11" and 10 " 3 "

Dear Samir,
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh........are you collecting or Hoarding? If you are collecting one bundle each with a different inset or governors signature.....or what ever else, I will definitely congratulate you but if you are just investing in these, I would not call it collecting......

Amit

PS: You should do exactly as you want to and not follow anyone's advice on what you collect, but the word collection is something that gives you fun and enjoyment and not what gives you pain and strain. However accumulating many of the same type waiting for price appreciation is investment and not collecting.  Many collectors have burnt their fingers investing in notes and coins for short term gains......
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

sdchaugule

Quote from: asm on October 09, 2012, 09:30:57 AM
Dear Samir,
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh........are you collecting or Hoarding? If you are collecting one bundle each with a different inset or governors signature.....or what ever else, I will definitely congratulate you but if you are just investing in these, I would not call it collecting......

Amit

PS: You should do exactly as you want to and not follow anyone's advice on what you collect, but the word collection is something that gives you fun and enjoyment and not what gives you pain and strain. However accumulating many of the same type waiting for price appreciation is investment and not collecting.  Many collectors have burnt their fingers investing in notes and coins for short term gains......

I appreciate Samir's desire to collect the notes in bundles. But at the same time one should understand the problems of availability and prevailing costs of notes in bundles in the market. No genuine collector would like to part his collection unless there is special reason to do that. I agree with asm that he should plan without discussing such issues in open. This will lead to jack up price in the market.
Cheers collecting as hobby.

$$

Dear Amit sir,

After a long time you have given suggestion and advice and most important is that On WOC there many friends whom i treat not as friends but family member and guider and Guru. Among those you are one.

I am not a movie villan or biggie or investor thou i got one bundle from my mother in my sisters wedding to spend but it was hard to break the bundle and spend because we have some attachment with new bundles notes (i think most of WOC member and friends agree with me) so i kept aside and whenever i got i kept it, now a days we hardly see 5 Rs notes and i am 100% sure i will give the same to my Son as part my collection not investment.

BTW we can get 5 Rs or 10 Rs bundles by giving some premium but believe me that i have not given a single paise above the face value.

And i am sure nobody is going to give me the 5 Rs bundles because everyone is attached with that. (Exept on person) he is from our WOC famiily.

Thanks Amit sir for advice and suggestion.

Amit

[/quote]
S
  S
     S

$$

Thanks for appreciation sir,

"Agar apni baat apno se nahi batayeinge to kissey kahein"

In Family every one doesn't understand the feeling of everybody but one person understand.

Doobne wale ko tinke ka sahaara bahoot hota hai.

Samir

I appreciate Samir's desire to collect the notes in bundles. But at the same time one should understand the problems of availability and prevailing costs of notes in bundles in the market. No genuine collector would like to part his collection unless there is special reason to do that. I agree with asm that he should plan without discussing such issues in open. This will lead to jack up price in the market.
Cheers collecting as hobby.
[/quote]
S
  S
     S

Mackie

Samir,

I think it all started when you specified the number of bundles you want to collect. Best is to collect what you like, doesn't matter how many bundles you end up collecting. The real fun is in the process of acquiring these bundles. So don't keep a specific number in mind, collect what you like. Great, if you achieve the number that you have in your mind else you will have the fun during the process anyway. So collect what you like and I am sure everybody will pitch in to help you. :)
Warm Regards,
Mackie

asm

Samir,

What I was trying to hint at is that you should try to pick up bundles with different signatures or different inset nos...........that is what I call collecting. I agree that 5 Rs notes (specially bundles) will be a difficult to find commodity by the time your son grows up.......... and how sure are you that he will have the same hobby? Re 1 notes have not been printed for ages. one bundle was worth Rs 700 - 800 (average non scarce ones) 4 or 5 years back. A year or two back, they were sold at 1800. Last year it cam crashing to 1200 / 1300 range......... and is now back to 1300 / 1400 range. Trying to sell he will get even less than 1200. Where did it take the investor? He invested 8000 in 8 bundles 40 or 5 years back. Today he will get 10000 (just approximations). a return of 2000 or less than 25% in 5 years. If he had invested in Gold or Silver, he would have gone much further..........and if you had picked up the bundles from circulation than it would have yielded 10X returns in 20 odd years................and, if a note or two soil or get damaged...............where does it leave you?

Just a friendly advise from a collector who did some such stupid hoards and paid the price.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

dheer

Samir,
When you mentioned you wanted to collect ... i always though you meant in some particular theme ... like inset / governors etc ...

If you just need quantity without bothering the types, then the Rs 10 are very easy, just get hold of a Banker friend and he will get them for you at face value ...

Rs 5 is slightly though these days as there are no new printing happening and old ones are hard to get from Bank ... most of them have got distributed
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

$$

Amit sir,

You are always there to help me out.

Now i got your point

learned a lesson if want to keep them keep them safe without disturbing it. or its better to get rid of it.

Thanks for you valuable advise.

Samir

Quote from: asm on October 09, 2012, 10:52:08 AM
Samir,

What I was trying to hint at is that you should try to pick up bundles with different signatures or different inset nos...........that is what I call collecting. I agree that 5 Rs notes (specially bundles) will be a difficult to find commodity by the time your son grows up.......... and how sure are you that he will have the same hobby? Re 1 notes have not been printed for ages. one bundle was worth Rs 700 - 800 (average non scarce ones) 4 or 5 years back. A year or two back, they were sold at 1800. Last year it cam crashing to 1200 / 1300 range......... and is now back to 1300 / 1400 range. Trying to sell he will get even less than 1200. Where did it take the investor? He invested 8000 in 8 bundles 40 or 5 years back. Today he will get 10000 (just approximations). a return of 2000 or less than 25% in 5 years. If he had invested in Gold or Silver, he would have gone much further..........and if you had picked up the bundles from circulation than it would have yielded 10X returns in 20 odd years................and, if a note or two soil or get damaged...............where does it leave you?

Just a friendly advise from a collector who did some such stupid hoards and paid the price.

Amit
S
  S
     S

$$

Thanks Dheer

Quote from: dheer on October 09, 2012, 11:06:22 AM
Samir,
When you mentioned you wanted to collect ... i always though you meant in some particular theme ... like inset / governors etc ...

If you just need quantity without bothering the types, then the Rs 10 are very easy, just get hold of a Banker friend and he will get them for you at face value ...

Rs 5 is slightly though these days as there are no new printing happening and old ones are hard to get from Bank ... most of them have got distributed
S
  S
     S

gautamklodha

$$

Added 2 More bundles today.

13 + 2 = 15

Long way to go........

Samir
S
  S
     S