Author Topic: Coca-cola  (Read 6318 times)

Offline jezuss

Re: Coca-cola
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 08:58:34 AM »
I notice my one in Reply #3 is a different variety to your one with MUNZE in a different position.

thanks mal, i have added your picture to my website...

Offline brandm24

• BR & M
  • Meritorious Member
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2020, 10:22:27 PM »
Brought back memories of the 1985 "New Coke" experiment. 

Personally I have not had any carbonated drinks since I was a lad, back then my favourite was a cherryade or coke float made with vanilla ice cream.

Pat
Apparently, I was one of the few people who actually liked the "New Coke", Pat. I thought better than the original. Oh well, I suppose my knack of picking things that aren't that good has prevented me from getting a prestigious job in research and development. ;D

Bruce
Always Faithful

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2020, 12:28:30 AM »
A major part of this thread was moved to fantasies, it relates to fantasy coco-cola tokens of which there are many manufactured in the early 1970s by two American men styling themselves L A Stamp. This information of course should be read in conjunction with the above genuine pieces.

Brandm24 first posted this token with remarks:

Here's an interesting Coca-Cola token given out at the 1904 St. Louis Worlds Fair. It's 38 mm and lead or pewter...not sure which. At that time Coke hadn't been around very long...1880's I think.

I was able to point out that this was a fantasy and provided my own image of another.

That is a fantasy as are any American fantasies tokens marked L.A. Stamp: ALL tokens marked such are modern fantasy items.

See my page Other L.A. Stamp fantasies and see also the history of L A Stamp fantasies this includes yet another fantasy Coca cola token

I then quoted "Another site that shows some of these fantasies."  this includes further Coca-Cola fantasy items among others.

IMO all fantasy tokens should be kept in the token section.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:40:02 AM by malj1 »
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.