India - Rs 5 Note of year 2012

Started by dheer, October 05, 2012, 05:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dheer

Has the Rs 5 note been printed for year 2012? I didnt see any notification, does this mean they are going to discontinue printing of the notes ... any information
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

$$

Hi,

I got one bundle from RBI last week, it is dated 2009.

Samir

Quote from: dheer on October 05, 2012, 05:50:06 AM
Has the Rs 5 note been printed for year 2012? I didnt see any notification, does this mean they are going to discontinue printing of the notes ... any information
S
  S
     S

akhedia

If rumours are to be believed then Rs.5 notes have been discontinued and for 2011 also it was not printed in huge quantity and with only one prefix "R"..........

sdchaugule

Quote from: akhedia on October 05, 2012, 07:41:34 AM
If rumours are to be believed then Rs.5 notes have been discontinued and for 2011 also it was not printed in huge quantity and with only one prefix "R"..........
No notes in 5 denomination are issued so far during current year

Bimat

Quote from: akhedia on October 05, 2012, 07:41:34 AM

What? I got a (bank sealed) bundle of Rs 5 banknotes dated 2011 directly from RBI for face value last year. Since I don't collect banknotes I gave it to a friend who collects Indian banknotes (of course for face) and after a few days he informed me that he found many b'day banknotes in the bundle :o So it was kind of lucky bundle for him...I could have got more bundles if wanted but I didn't want to have my money stuck in these crispy notes... :D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

dheer

Any luck this time around ... let us know ... there will be quite a few of us wanting to grab a bundle ...
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Bimat

The problem is that even RBI employees don't get these bundles (Rs 5) easily these days as rules are strict. They have to fill a form to get the bundle and they have to tell the reason why they want it. I don't like troubling her for things I don't collect but she does get a bundle or two (of Rs 5) every month for change to be given to share rickshaw etc. :o She is also aware of market for these notes, tricks dealers play to get star series notes and all that as she has worked in currency department for quite some time...

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.