News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Austria 5 euro 2012 - Schladming 2013

Started by $$, October 04, 2012, 05:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

$$

New silver and copper commemoratives:

"Schladming 2013 Alpine Ski Championship"

Samir
S
  S
     S

Bimat

I'll definitely get the copper version, the bright red color of the coin looks just awesome!

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

The coin is primarily dated 2012 but commemorates even to be taken place in 2013 so you see both the dates..

Issue date is mid October, the €10 copper coin (Karinthia) is already issued by the way..

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

€5 coin will not be issued in proof but in hgh (BU)..€10 will be available in both BU (hgh) and proof.

Aditya

Bimat

€5 silver only in hgh (special uncirculated or BU), unc for face value in copper

€10 silver in hgh and proof.

That seems to be Austrian mint's plan from 2012.

Exact issue date of the €5 coin is October 24 from what I recollect..

Aditya

chrisild

24 October is right. The copper version will be available at face again; the silver version costs €18.50 from what I have read. As for the date, yes, the coin is dated 2012 - quite a few coins that are supposed to sponsor such major sports events come a little early. ;)

Christian

Bimat

Look what arrived in the mail today! :)

Aditya

$$

S
  S
     S

Bimat

Got the silver version of Schladming coin today (that was an excellent Christmas gift for me...by myself ;D)..wasn't really looking for it but couldn't resist buying it when it was offered for less than issue price. ;)

Comparing the copper version with silver, I think copper coin looks better..I don't think I'll go for silver version of future issues. In fact I'd suggest Austrian mint to mint (say re-strike!) the earlier (2002-2011) €5 and €10 issues in copper so that collectors like me will be very very happy. :D

Aditya