News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

1907 Edward VII one anna

Started by $$, September 20, 2012, 09:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

$$

Dear Friends

Image will be posted later.

Yesterday i swapped 1907 Edward VII one anna coin with 5rs Cross 2007.

The coin is not in great condition but I have seen one of my friend from our WOC member purchased the same coin dated 1910 for 2500 at current exhibition.

Is one anna coin of Edward VII scare or rare?

Is it decent swap ?

Now i am looking for 5Rs cross.

One more piece he is having for swap but he needs 1996 Subhash chandra bose in exchange.

Samir
S
  S
     S

Mackie

Samir,

You swapped 5 rupee cross with 1907 Edward VIII one anna and now you are looking for 5 rupee cross. ahem ahem Though I have never swapped but I always thought you should swap extras/ doubles or may be the coins that you don't collect.  ??? ???

Warm Regards,
Mackie

capnbirdseye

Remember that 1907 is Edward VII, Edward VIII is 1936
Vic

$$

Yes Mickie,

I know that 5rs cross coins expensive and not difficult to get buy paying a dealer 700 to 800 rs you can get the same but not 1 anna Edward not easy to get.

Thanks for your advice and suggestion

Samir

Quote from: Mackie on September 20, 2012, 10:34:15 AM
Samir,

You swapped 5 rupee cross with 1907 Edward VIII one anna and now you are looking for 5 rupee cross. ahem ahem Though I have never swapped but I always thought you should swap extras/ doubles or may be the coins that you don't collect.  ??? ???
S
  S
     S

$$

Thank for correcting me.

I have changed the topic to Edward VII.

Samir

Quote from: capnbirdseye on September 20, 2012, 11:51:50 AM
Remember that 1907 is Edward VII, Edward VIII is 1936
S
  S
     S

Mackie

Quote from: $$ on September 20, 2012, 01:34:12 PM
Yes Mickie,

I know that 5rs cross coins expensive and not difficult to get buy paying a dealer 700 to 800 rs you can get the same but not 1 anna Edward not easy to get.

Thanks for your advice and suggestion

Samir

So I think here you answered your own question. I think its a good deal and a decent swap too. :)
Warm Regards,
Mackie

Coinsforever

Quote from: $$ on September 20, 2012, 09:43:16 AM
Is one anna coin of Edward VII scare or rare?

If you are looking for higher grade coin definitely scarce , xf coins are still available at reasonable price if you compare with Victoria queen/empress which are still expensive than Edward VII

Quote from: $$ on September 20, 2012, 09:43:16 AM

Is it decent swap ?

I would have never asked such question if I'm in your position because as long you have taken a decision and closes the swap deal  , why to bother about after effects .

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

$$

Thanks Aan for suggestion and guidence.

Though i have taken the decision, my friend told me that if you are satisfied with the swap you can return my coin.
So i have asked the question.

Is there one aana coin of Victoria queen/empress ?

Samir

Quote from: aan09 on September 20, 2012, 05:41:54 PM
If you are looking for higher grade coin definitely scarce , xf coins are still available at reasonable price if you compare with Victoria queen/empress which are still expensive than Edward VII

I would have never asked such question if I'm in your position because as long you have taken a decision and closes the swap deal  , why to bother about after effects .

Cheers ;D
S
  S
     S

Abhay

Quote from: $$ on September 21, 2012, 05:51:38 AM
Is there one aana coin of Victoria queen/empress ?

Samir

No, Queen Victoria issued 1/4 Anna and 1/2 Anna in Copper, and 2 Anna in Silver, but not any One Anna coin.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

$$

Thanks Abayji

I would like to Quartere anna 1901 Victoria is scarce or common. the who have that is asking 100RS for the same but coin in face not that clear but observe detail very clear.

Can anyone can update me with Queens quarter or half anna Rare, Scarce date of coin. (PM me if any one want to swap with me or sell me) or above all friendship gift.

Samir

Quote from: engipress on September 21, 2012, 09:50:25 AM
No, Queen Victoria issued 1/4 Anna and 1/2 Anna in Copper, and 2 Anna in Silver, but not any One Anna coin.

Abhay
S
  S
     S

kishoretkm

Quote from: $$ on September 21, 2012, 09:58:56 AM
Thanks Abayji

I would like to Quartere anna 1901 Victoria is scarce or common. the who have that is asking 100RS for the same but coin in face not that clear but observe detail very clear.

Can anyone can update me with Queens quarter or half anna Rare, Scarce date of coin. (PM me if any one want to swap with me or sell me) or above all friendship gift.

Samir

Hi Samir,

Yesterday I bought this edward 1 anna coins from my ebay friend. Cost @ 1.5K for 5 pieces
have a look into my coins.
1910, 1909 & 1908- Edward 1 Anna
1920-4 Annas
Best Wishes,
Kishore

Harry

Hi Kishore,

That's a nice set you have going especially with the 1 Anna Edward VII coins. Have you completed the set by now?  As you may already know, all the Edward VII 1 Anna coins were produced in the Bombay mint.  The mint mark is an incuse B on the King's crown, but in worn away in the coins that you have.  I would say in terms of grade,  coins range from F-VF.   

I have a different style of collecting, I tend to prefer higher grades, so instead of getting 5 coins in grades F-VF  I would try and get one AU-Unc coin.  The down side is obvious, you get fewer coins and you also tend to have a limited amount of choice, i.e. they become harder to find.   However, the way I see it is that I am a collector for life and so I'm in no hurry.  There is off course no right way or no wrong way –  you should collect what you like.

Anyways, let us know once you have completed the set, we would love to see them!

Harry
Collector of British India, Straits Settlements, Malaya, East Africa coins and papermoney