Soccer champions

Started by Figleaf, July 04, 2008, 02:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Probably German, as it was picked up in the Dutch-German border area and probably part of a series of advertising medalets, but who issued them?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Prosit

Nice looking piece.  Who issued it?...  I would bet not Uruguay  ;D
How many token manufacturers are there in Germany?  Like my pursuit of discovering Austrian token makers, I bet there are a lot of manufacturers.  I sincerely wish you a lot more success that I have had.

Dale
But the pursuit is still great fun!

chrisild

Search and thou shalt find. ;D

Unter dem Motto "Wer wird Weltmeister?" zeigt das neue Sammel-Programm zur FIFA WM 2006 die 25 Top-Länder der FIFA-Weltrangliste und den FIFA WM-Pokal, um den sich 2006 alles drehen wird. Die Aktion wurde mit einem 16 Seiten starken Sammelmagazin gestartet. Es enthält interessante Informationen, einen Qualifikationsspielplan und eine Aufbewahrungsseite für die 26 Medaillen. Das vom OK Vertriebspartner MDM Münzhandelsgesellschaft mbH vermarktete Medaillen-Sammelprogramm ist in den Offiziellen FIFA WM 2006 Shops bei Karstadt Quelle zu erwerben.
http://data.fv-rheinland.de/fvr/Offizielle%20DFB-Mitteilungen/DFB_OM_08_05_Sonder.pdf

With the slogan "Who will be world champion?" the new Collecting issue on the FIFA World Championships shows the 25 top countries of the FIFA world's strongest list and the FIFA world champion's cup, that will be the centre of attention in 2006. The campaign will be kicked off with a 16-page strong collecting magazine. It contains interesting information, a table for the qualifying games and a page to store the 26 medals. The medals are marketed by MDM coin trading LLC, a business partner of OK and can be obtained through the official FIFA world championship stands in Karstadt Quelle shops

The album cover is depicted here for example ...
http://www.die-shopoase.de/shop/images/Album.jpg

Christian

Figleaf

Thanks, Christian! That's excellent looking ;)

Karstadt is a large German department store chain. Quelle is a German mail order company. The two have merged and operate under the joint name. The medal is part of an elaborate marketing campaign. I am mighty pleased the German Soccer Union consistently calls them medals, not coins.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

chrisild

FWIW, Karstadt is part of the Arcandor group - the core of their department store department so to say. Other Arcandor activities are Quelle (mail order) which you mentioned, Thomas Cook (travel), and HSE24 (teleshopping). And yes, it is nice to see the use of the term "Medaille". MDM seems to prefer the word "Prägung", however, for most of the medals. This way they avoid the medal which would deter some potential buyers, without using the incorrect term coin ...

Christian