Author Topic: Helping other forum members with new coins issued at face value  (Read 21997 times)

Offline mr_osobuko

Re: Helping other forum members with new coins issued at face value
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2011, 12:40:02 AM »
Hi all,

I'm from Spain and I'm interested in euro coins from other countries. How is the collector rings working? How do interchanges work? I'm going to the BdE office on Monday so I hope to have the opportunity to get 2€ coins...

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2011, 02:30:08 AM »
Hello Mr_O. The rings works exceptionally simple. If you want a newly issued coin, contact a member of the ring and work out a deal. That's all.

Trades are more or less the same, except that you don't have a fixed counterparty. I suggest that you publish (part of) your want list on the "Wanted" board in the thread "Euro coins wanted". Think of what you want to send in return in advance. If the answer is "cash only", it is not a trade but a sale. Spanish coins only will limit your possibilities to make a deal.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline mr_osobuko

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »
Hi Figleaf,

Thank you for your response. What I'm trying to do is to create a small group of 'friends' where I live, so we will be able to order coins to some mints directly, sharing costs. I hope that, doing this, I'll be able to get coins which I can use to interchange later with other users, especially in those countries where it isn't possible to obtain coins from the mint through Internet.

I'll take a look to the thread you've mentioned, in order to understand better what I can offer and ask from others.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Helping other forum members with new coins issued at face value
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »
Hi mr_osobuko,

If you are really interested in this trading circle , you may start with the Austrian €5 collector coins in copper, planned to be issued in 2012. :) Aah, we also have a common €2 commemorative next year. That would be fun!

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline izotz

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
Aah, we also have a common €2 commemorative next year. That would be fun!
That is fun. As you know, many €2 commemoratives have already been issued. One of them is Spain.
I will take into account (at least) forum members I usually swap with, and members of the ring. Anyway, feel free ask to drop me a message to ask for a certain amount of pieces.

I expect I will have some spares from other countries I may swap in a few weeks.

Offline izotz

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »
I think Spain 2012 - Burgos Cathedral was issued officially yesterday, although they could be seen somewhere a few days in advance  ???

Anyway, I already got it for you at face value. I may write some of you next week. We can combine shipping with ten years euro cash issues, not only the Spanish ones, as I already got a few from different countries. :)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2012, 11:03:26 AM »
Fortunately these are not ultra-expensive rarities, so if some people somehow get theirs a few days earlier - who cares. ;D  Yes, it would be nice to get both the Euro Cash and Burgos Cathedral commems. Problem is, I currently have some of my "swap objects" elsewhere, so that part would have to wait until next week ...

Christian