News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

New Commemorative Issue: 2012: Mata Vaishno Devi

Started by kansal888, August 28, 2012, 06:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venkatesh A J

what about 10 rs coin..? its only about 5 rs coin....
"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

kansal888

Dear Friends
I am uploading the first pictures of Maata Vaishno Devi Coins
Regards
Sanjay

kansal888

I am sorry my camera is not working properly. I could not upload good pics of my Madan Mohan Malaviya or my Maata Vaishno Devi VVIP set.

I promise that I will shortly upload good quality pictures.

Vivek

kansal888

Dear Vivek

The person who has put the above picture on facebook does not own this coin. He has taken this picture from somewhere else

Regards
Sanjay

dheer

http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Coinsforever

Marvelous design   ;D !

Looking forward to touch these coins as soon as possible.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Vivek

Quote from: kansal888 on April 29, 2013, 03:08:49 AM
Dear Vivek

The person who has put the above picture on facebook does not own this coin. He has taken this picture from somewhere else

Regards
Sanjay
Oh I was not aware of this..I just saw Picture on FB and shared...Eagerly waiting for your pics and comments Kansalji
Vivek

Isai(Sumitha)

The coin design looks very good :) :)
A set of 25 rupees and 10 rupees too is uncommon.
Looking forward to book this set.

mumbapuri

Thank you for the pics Sanjayji, Vivek.
Pls advise on when these are expected to be released in general circulation.

regards,

Mackie

Lovely looking coins. I am sure these coins will be dealers/ hoarders favourite.  :)  :D
Warm Regards,
Mackie

asm

Are these likely to circulate......... or are they semi private issues like the Gur Ta Gaddi...... ? My doubt stems from the fact that till now, God and Goddesses have not been put on Indian coins. Even Religious figures come in quite recently........ Old historical monuments have not been represented.......

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

kansal888

Dear Amit Ji

These coins will have the bumper mintage. I understand that each of Rs 5 & Rs 10 will have the individual mintage of 1 billion (100 Crores) coins each. I further understand that a special permission has been taken to mint these coins in such a large number.

In fact these coins could have the highest mintage in India (possibly world) for all commemorative coins issued since 15 Aug 1947.

So please dont worry. These coins will come out in circulation in such large numbers that all our mints will be pre-occupied with these coins for a long time.

Regards
Sanjay

dheer

Sanjayji,
If I am to believe papers, the Temple Shrine Board has got permission to get the coins minted even by private mints so as to meet the large number of mintage figures ... not sure if this is true and if so this would be the first commemorative to be minted outside of IG Mints ... and if true what would be mint marks on these as well ...
Any inputs on this? or these are pure rumors at this point of time
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies