News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Shah Alam-1, Dar al-saltanat Lahore, AH 1121/RY4

Started by Ansari, August 14, 2012, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansari

Shah Alam-1
Dar al-saltanat Lahore
AH 1121/RY4

http://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=114662

Md. Shariful Islam

Wao. Beautiful. I love the coin especially the background.

Oesho

Besides it beauty, it was also produced within a very limited period.
AH1121/Ry.4 lasted from 07-02-1710 till 19-02-1710.
It is therefore a very rare date combination and at present missing on the ZENO-database for this mint.

Md. Shariful Islam

Quote from: Oesho on August 14, 2012, 07:37:38 PM
and at present missing on the ZENO-database for this mint.

Great find Tariq bhai.

Ansari

Quote from: Oesho on August 14, 2012, 07:37:38 PM
Besides it beauty, it was also produced within a very limited period.
AH1121/Ry.4 lasted from 07-02-1710 till 19-02-1710.
It is therefore a very rare date combination and at present missing on the ZENO-database for this mint.

Thanks for this useful info.....otherwise i was thinking of exchanging this coin later with any other (showing full mint name).
Now i wont!

I shall update zeno database.

akona20

Oesho has made a wonderful point for all collectors of coins that include the two dates of regal year and AH year.

The determining of the start of the regnal would have profound effect on the actual days a coin could be produced with a correct date combination on them. We have had some considerable time ago on this site a debate on whether regnal year 6 was available for Shah Alam 1. It was indeed because his advice on when he considered his reign commencing allowed for this short ry until his death to exist. However that is a handful of days longer than the very short regnal years available in other combinations.

Ansari has indeed found a coin from one of those short (less than two weeks) combinations. Oesho's meticulous work in this area has provided collectors with an opportunity if they look for the information. (It is provided for this reign on the mughalrulers website).

Work out the mathematics on this, perhaps there are opportunities in a developing market.

Ansari

Finally weighed this coin n surprisingly its 11.9 grams  :o (i use jewelers manual balance, not the digital one).
???

Ansari

Obverse- Badshah Ghazi Shah Alam Sikkah 1121

Reverse- Dar al-saltanat Lahore Jalus Sanah 4 Manus Maimanat.

Illustration has been removed !!

Figleaf

I find it amazing (for lack of a stronger term) that you can reconstruct the word Lahore from four partial strokes only.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

This is extra ordinary work. 8) May be we can now call Tariq 'Junior Overlord'? ;) :)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Ansari

Quote from: Bimat on August 26, 2012, 06:42:08 PM
This is extra ordinary work. 8) May be we can now call Tariq 'Junior Overlord'? ;) :)

Aditya

Thank you Aditya :)