Author Topic: 5Euro rare banknote  (Read 3371 times)

Herman

5Euro rare banknote
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
Try to upload my rare 5 euro banknote
One is missing the silverstrip on the right side.
Uploading picture is disappeard

Cheers, Herman
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:43:49 PM by Herman »

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: 5Euro rare banknote
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:51:05 PM »
Neat, Herman. I am amazed how well you could scan the notes. I thought there would have been safety precautions. I believe an old copy machine could not make a copy a euro banknote without some warning (I believe the word COPY appeared on the copy.)

Both notes look unc to me.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Herman

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:43:01 AM »
Hi Peter

Yes the scanner/printer i used is the HP750 all in one, but the software is the thing it can refuse to make a scan.
And only the left banknote is UNC, the other banknote without the silverstrip, is an light circulated banknote unfortunaly!

Cheers, Herman

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
Here is another rare 5 note. One that should not even exist, and yet was found "in the wild":
http://banknote.ws/COLLECTION/countries/EUR/EUR/EURW2013-005.htm
- scroll down to "NEWz(1)" -

Jean-Claude Trichet was the ECB president between late 2003 and late 2011. He was succeeded by Mario Draghi (as from 1 Nov 2011). The first "Europa" notes were officially issued a year ago (2 May 2013) and do of course have Draghi's signature. All of them? No, some notes, printed by the Belgian central bank for testing purposes, show Trichet's signature. And it seems that they were not destroyed. The one depicted below was found by note tracker "bhoeyb" from Belgium ...

Christian