Author Topic: My Personal Birthday Currency Note!!!!!  (Read 19554 times)

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
Re: My Personal Birthday Currency Note!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 02:19:31 AM »
Although about one year old idea, but no one has shared this.

The Coin and Note dealers in India came up with this new idea of having Currency Notes with the serial number same as your date of Birth or Anniversary Date.

In the coins exhibitions, you can find one or two dealers offering you your personalized Birthday or Anniversary Currency note, in a custom made Greeting card.

The serial number on the note will show your date of birth or anniversary in DD-MM-YY format. For example, for my Birth date 18th Nov, 1964, the serial number of the note is 181164.

The charges for this service are quite reasonable at Rs. 100 per card. So, next time you go to visit a coin exhibition, do not forget to carry the Birth dates of your family members. :) :) :)

Abhay

Quite creative alike personalized stamp introduced by India Post.

Thus you have both personalized currency note /stamps in collection.

Furthermore this DD-MM-YY format is precisely fitting into 6 digits numerals that are normally available in Indian bank notes , In some countries currency serial no is more than 6 digits and also alphanumeric.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline maharaja927

• Reader
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »
Dear Abhayji, i also want my birhday currency note. kaise mil sakti he, pls. help.
ya fir aap bata sakte he ki me ye kaha se le sakta hu?

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 02:40:31 AM »
Dear maharaja927, These notes are easily available with the Currency dealers at all the coins and currency exhibitions.

Alternatively, you can buy them from ebay. Here are two links to ebay:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Rs-10-Birthday-Gem-UNC-Note-Serial-Number-on-the-note-will-be-the-birth-date-/251582282564?pt=IN_Coins_Notes&hash=item3a9378fb44&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.in/itm/BIRTHDAY-NOTE-10-RUPEE-UNC-CONDTION-GUD-RATE-/400574017278?pt=IN_Coins_Notes&hash=item5d44126efe&_uhb=1

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline maharaja927

• Reader
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
Thank you very much for this help Abhayji.
Pankaj

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
My Personal Birthday Currency Note!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 12:31:52 PM »
I recently bought a b'day banknote (Rs 10) for my niece...It came with a nice folder with images of some cartoon characters and I don't think it was too expensive for Rs 60. ;) Even my family members liked this idea (it doesn't happen too often to see your family members appreciating what you have bought from a coin fair :D) Considering that my nice is just 2 months old (we share our birth dates :)); she's actually not going to understand what it is, but I thought getting something different would be nice as her grandparents have already started flooding the home with other things. ;)

It took hardly half minute of the seller to find the date I had asked, that was really quite impressive! :o

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.