Author Topic: My Personal Birthday Currency Note!!!!!  (Read 19057 times)

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
My Personal Birthday Currency Note!!!!!
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:31 AM »
Although about one year old idea, but no one has shared this.

The Coin and Note dealers in India came up with this new idea of having Currency Notes with the serial number same as your date of Birth or Anniversary Date.

In the coins exhibitions, you can find one or two dealers offering you your personalized Birthday or Anniversary Currency note, in a custom made Greeting card.

The serial number on the note will show your date of birth or anniversary in DD-MM-YY format. For example, for my Birth date 18th Nov, 1964, the serial number of the note is 181164.

The charges for this service are quite reasonable at Rs. 100 per card. So, next time you go to visit a coin exhibition, do not forget to carry the Birth dates of your family members. :) :) :)

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

paisepagal

Re: My Personal Birthday Currency Note!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:15:39 AM »
Very nice ! I'll be on the lookout too ..And good to see one more face from WoC

Offline Vivek

• Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:15:37 AM »
Nice one Abhaji!!
I have the same for all family members....but without Photo...nice thing to have photo...
Anniversary date with couple photo a nice gift....
Charges in Pune are also same..
Vivek

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 08:36:01 AM »
Very nice! :) I have always wondered how can dealers get that particular banknote with serial number matching with your birth date..Certainly not an easy task! :D

And there's one dealer who specializes in these kind of banknotes..Last time I saw him selling such banknotes of desired serial number of ALL denominations. :o

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
  • Indian Coins & Currencies
    • Coins of Republic India
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »
The idea of notes having date of birth / anniversary is quite old.
However of late as the currency market is down, dealers are using innovative ways to boost sales.
The Note with greeting card is the first time I am seeing it.

Its easy to get bundles that start with 1 or 2, and keep selective bundles of it to make up for the date ...
As these are regular ones, there is NO mad rush [cartel] to get them .... so next time you walk into a bank and get a bundle, you can get your hands on the stuff.
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
Theoretically, to make any date, the dealer will have to keep a stock of 80,000 currency notes. So, if you are using 10 Rupee Note, the dealer will have a stock of notes worth Rs. 8.00 Lacs.

The number of notes can be worked out using simple mathematics (Permutation and Combination).
The first digit can have only (0,1,2,3) - first digit of date
The Second digit can have (0-9) - second digit of date
The Third digit can have only (0 and 1) - the first digit of month
The fourth digit can again have (0-9) - the second digit of month
The fifth digit can have (0-9) - the first digit of year
and the Sixth digit can again have (0-9) - the second digit of year

So, the total number of notes required to make any possible date = 4 X 10 X 2 X 10 X 10 X 10 = 80,000

It is also possible to use 5,20,50, 100, 500 or 1000 rupee notes.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

akona20

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »
I would like to arrange to receive one if possible.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
I think the dealer can sell dates in different formats e.g. 18th november 1964 can be written as 181164 or 111864 (US format) or 641118 ("computer" format). The seller could even use different formats at different shows to obscure what he is doing. The buyer will just see what he/she wants to see and the seller needs only 2/3 of the stock. Why not 1/3? So he can serve customers with the same date of birth on the same day.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »
I fully agree with you Peter.

But in India, everybody is so much used to using the DDMMYY format, that it will be hard to sell any other format than DDMMYY.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »
On second thoughts, 1/3 or 2/3 will not be possible, even if you change the Format from DDMMYY to MMDDYY or YYMMDD.

The only saving you can do is in the First digit of the Month, where you need only 1 and 2, and the First digit of Day, where you need only 0,1,2 and 3.
So, the moment you change the format, the requirement increases to 10 (0-9) for the year.

In that event, you will need 10 X 10 X 4 X 10 X 10 X10 = 400,000 Notes to use any format out of DDMMYY / MMDDYY / YYMMDD, which becomes 5 times of the original quantity of 80,000.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »
Not that it matters, but you get that result only when the buyer can choose the date format. I presumed the seller would choose it. It was a bit of fun mathematics (yes, that exists!) only. I suppose the easy way is just to have the numbers in stock and a runner to the nearest friendly bank if the need arises.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 04:02:05 PM »
A collector friend of mine has a complete set (Rs 5-Rs 1000) of birth date banknotes of his own and his family members. :o

Now since you have posted this, next time I'll also get few for myself. :)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »
Theoretically, to make any date, the dealer will have to keep a stock of 80,000 currency notes. So, if you are using 10 Rupee Note, the dealer will have a stock of notes worth Rs. 8.00 Lacs.

The number of notes can be worked out using simple mathematics (Permutation and Combination).
The first digit can have only (0,1,2,3) - first digit of date
The Second digit can have (0-9) - second digit of date
The Third digit can have only (0 and 1) - the first digit of month
The fourth digit can again have (0-9) - the second digit of month
The fifth digit can have (0-9) - the first digit of year
and the Sixth digit can again have (0-9) - the second digit of year

So, the total number of notes required to make any possible date = 4 X 10 X 2 X 10 X 10 X 10 = 80,000

It is also possible to use 5,20,50, 100, 500 or 1000 rupee notes.

Abhay

80,000 is way to high. The year would be restriced to 00 to 12 and 50 to 00 ... ie he can safely assume that someone whos born before 1950 [around 65 plus years now] would come and buy ... not that its not possible, he can choose not to cater to this segment, futher when the first digit is 3, the second can only be zero or 1, so it cuts down quite a few combinations. Also on the Month stuff ...

So essentially if he needs to keep a dates for a centuary there are 365 days in a year [forget leap year for a minute] and 365*100 = 36,500
Or if he restricts to 75 years then its 365*75 around 28,000 notes. Still a big number.

All I am saying is that these are not premium notes so its easy for him to procure [dealer dosen't need to pay anyone] and he can dispose off notes that are not used / sold.

BTW there was a dealer couple of years back who was trying to sell me day and month [without the year] ... so essentially he had procured a note with series 00 and could sell them.

Offline srinath

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
how about people having same date of birth?
considering the numbers published on these notes are unique, the seller cant sell more than one note for each date of birth..
but then i wonder if a single inset covers all the numbers of these date of births..
a seller might have to buy all the insets to issue same date of birth notes..

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 07:38:09 PM »
how about people having same date of birth?
considering the numbers published on these notes are unique, the seller cant sell more than one note for each date of birth..
but then i wonder if a single inset covers all the numbers of these date of births..
a seller might have to buy all the insets to issue same date of birth notes..

Within one Inset there are different prefix's ... and the prefixes themselves are 3 chars ... and typically 30 to 100 different prefixes in recent times for every inset year combination ...