Author Topic: Coin dealers in Mumbai  (Read 6982 times)

Offline veekar22

Coin dealers in Mumbai
« on: May 28, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
hi,

I am Rajan and i have recently started taking interest in coins (specially British India). Does any1 know any good dealers i can deal with, preferably in Navi Mumbai and Mumbai.

Thanks!

Rajan.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Coin dealers in Mumbai
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »
Check this post, might be of some help. :)

I'd suggest you to do some study before buying British India coins from dealers...since you are new to collecting, you may end up in paying high price (or even buying a fake which are plenty in market!)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Einstein

Re: Coin dealers in Mumbai
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »
Thanx for the info aditya. I was also looking for that. :D
Regards-
Shekhar.

Offline Einstein

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »
I have visited one dealer near Deutsche bank, who always wears a black HAT! He has lots of coins, but some fake too.
Regards-
Shekhar.

Offline aarkay

• Errors....Errors.....and Errors
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 07:23:43 AM »
Hi…

If you visit Chor Bazar in Mumbai (near Bhendi Baza/Mohammed Ali Road) you can come across a lot of coin and stamp vendors on the street ,specially on Fridays…..be careful…. fake coins are plenty and prices are bargainable….you may pick up a good coin  at times….then there is friend of mine who used to sit in lane connecting Overseas Communication Centre and Churchgate station in the afternoon…a decent man and reasonable prices…and quite knowledgeable too….he has retired but there is lot and lot of coins in his house …. can be contacted for coin specific  if needed

Aarkay
Why worry about dead yesterdays and unborn tomorrows….live in the present…a present for you today…

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »
hi,

I am Rajan and i have recently started taking interest in coins (specially British India). Does any1 know any good dealers i can deal with, preferably in Navi Mumbai and Mumbai.

Thanks!

Rajan.

WELCOME TO WOC , RAJAN.

THIS FORUM  IS VIBRANT AND FULL OF ENERGY  EACH MEMBER IS CONTRIBUTING AND GAINING EVERY DAY , HOPE YOU TOO WILL ENJOY  THE SAME.

CHEERS   ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/