News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Discussion: 1995 Easy way to differentiate between Crop Science first issue and re-strike issue

Started by Mits, May 26, 2012, 10:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kansal888

Quote from: Bimat on May 31, 2012, 05:26:53 PM
Do you mean re-strike? I have heard of re-strikes of this particular issue!

Yeah...the pic posted by Mr MK Shah is of re-striked coin....it was restriked in 2006.

kansal888

Posting the pic of my coin...originally issued in 1996-97...not a restrike...

(Statutory Note for "The Oracle": I have two coins of Crop Science Congress. One coin is available for you; provided you arrange a Gold Mohur in similar condition for me  ;D  ;D  ;D)

repindia

Do you notice any difference between the restrike and the original? My supposedly restrike coins are pristine and if I would not have read this thread not known this.

The Oracle

Quote from: kansal888 on June 01, 2012, 04:08:39 PM
Posting the pic of my coin...originally issued in 1996-97...not a restrike...

(Statutory Note for "The Oracle": I have two coins of Crop Science Congress. One coin is available for you; provided you arrange a Gold Mohur in similar condition for me  ;D  ;D  ;D)

dont worry i have a mohur struck from 1996 -1997.  send your coin to me and i will send the mohur in return.  it is called the oracle mohur and was specially generated by the 1996 tsunami  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kansal888

Quote from: The Oracle on June 01, 2012, 08:06:23 PM
it is called the oracle mohur and was specially generated by the 1996 tsunami  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Tsunami will ebb away in September...

Quote from: paisepagal on May 31, 2012, 06:44:10 PM
These coins were recalled because the conference was never held... So it defies logic to officially restrike a coin that was cancelled.

Ooooooppppsssss..... Paise you got it wrong second time...., the conference was very much held (sorry again). The rumor about cancellation of the conference was propagated by some coin dealers having vested interests to make this coin rare.... :D :D  :D  :D :D :D

paisepagal

Quote from: kansal888 on June 02, 2012, 03:24:47 AM
..... Paise you got it wrong second time...., the conference was very much held (sorry again). The rumor about cancellation of the conference was propagated by some coin dealers having vested interests to make this coin rare.... :D :D  :D  :D :D :D

Technically, this is the first time I'm wrong lol ...I guess that us seller mixed up the Nehru coa and box and tried to make his own unique set

But I'm very very surprised by your quote above and about these restrikes... But since you are the one and only mint sets ka baadshah, I will very graciously accept I'm wrong here  ;D
And I have a long line of questions which I will need your help on when I post about the crop science coin in the personalities and events thread

asm

Quote from: kansal888 on June 02, 2012, 03:24:47 AM
...., the conference was very much held (sorry again). The rumor about cancellation of the conference was propagated by some coin dealers having vested interests to make this coin rare....

Dear Sanjay,

This one really goes to prove the old adage: a lie repeated a thousand becomes the truth............ I have heard it from .......I am not sure how many ...... that this conference was never held and hence the coins were never issued. A small lot seems to have slipped out (you know how the Kol mint operates) which were sold at a high premium...........

and ......pray, how do you tell a original from the re-strike? I have three of these - one bought loose and two in a VIP set which (as I learnt much later - thanks to you) was available in a box saying Kolkatta mint when the name of the city was Calcutta when these coins were supposed to have been struck.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

The Oracle

here this will put to rest all issues regarding the non happening of an event that actually happened

http://www.intlcss.org/history/

also shows why km is a useless book. 

The Oracle

Quote from: repindia on June 01, 2012, 04:32:29 PM
Do you notice any difference between the restrike and the original? My supposedly restrike coins are pristine and if I would not have read this thread not known this.

there are many many differences if you compare the 2 coins you will easily see. 

also i have yet to see any restrikes in pristine condition.  so if you have one you are lucky most were damaged at the mint the few that made it out without problems, the set box damaged them over time. 

Vivek

Dealer was quoting Rs8000 per piece at Pune exhibition. They were loose coins not in Set.
Condition was excellent as if removed from set. But he told they are re strikes.
Not sure whether he has enough knowledge about this particular coin. If possible I will take picture tomorrow and post the same.
Vivek

The Oracle

Quote from: Vivek on June 02, 2012, 11:08:22 AM
Dealer was quoting Rs8000 per piece at Pune exhibition. They were loose coins not in Set.
Condition was excellent as if removed from set. But he told they are re strikes.
Not sure whether he has enough knowledge about this particular coin. If possible I will take picture tomorrow and post the same.
Vivek

if he is telling you they are restrikes then they are.  at least he is honest

kansal888

Quote from: asm on June 02, 2012, 08:57:05 AM
Dear Sanjay
..as I learnt much later - thanks to you.. was available in a box saying Kolkatta mint when the name of the city was Calcutta when these coins were supposed to have been struck.

Amit Ji, as I told you, this is one of the simplest way to distinguish by looking at the box..

Quote from: paisepagal on June 02, 2012, 07:57:06 AM
... But since you are the one and only mint sets ka baadshah, I will very graciously accept I'm wrong here  ;D

I am not the badshah of mint sets..I am an ordinary and humble coin collector who is trying to complete his collection of Republic Coins with his limited resources..I joined WOC  to gain some knowledge from all of you and share whatever knowledge I have.. :D  :D  :D  :D :D

asm

Quote from: kansal888 on June 02, 2012, 01:19:47 PM
Amit Ji, as I told you, this is one of the simplest way to distinguish by looking at the box..
That could say a lot about the box. However, the single coin that I have bought in the last millennium............how do I find out if it is original strike or re-struck one........

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

The Oracle

Quote from: kansal888 on June 02, 2012, 01:19:47 PM

I am not the badshah of mint sets..I am an ordinary and humble coin collector who is trying to complete his collection of Republic Coins with his limited resources..I joined WOC  to gain some knowledge from all of you and share whatever knowledge I have.. :D  :D  :D  :D :D

kansal ji

complete set ko aur kaise complete karoge?   ::)

1949 mein india republic nahin tha  ;D

Vivek

adding pics...His last offer was 7000 :-[ too high for me to purchase.
Vivek

Photos taken from mobile