1935 Texas Commemorative Half Dollar

Started by PeaceBD, May 17, 2012, 04:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeaceBD

I have been a regular poster on the Indian coin section of this forum but realized since I do actively collect US Classic Commemoraive Halves and Peace Dollars I should start participating here too. Here is my 1935 Texas commemorative half. The design on this coin was initially not appreciated by a lot of people as they thought the reverse was too busy. I love the design of this coin. This is also a PCGS Coinfacts plate coin for 1935 Texas Half MS 67+.
Let me know what do y'all think about it.

Thanks for looking.
BD 

villa66

Quote from: PeaceBD on May 17, 2012, 04:32:28 AM
...I love the design of this coin....

Me too. Thanks for the great look. It is a coin with a lot going on, and an image like this helps unpack it. Looks, maybe, like the "Six Flags over Texas" thing predates the theme park!

:) v.

PeaceBD

Quote from: villa66 on May 17, 2012, 05:57:37 AM
Me too. Thanks for the great look. It is a coin with a lot going on, and an image like this helps unpack it. Looks, maybe, like the "Six Flags over Texas" thing predates the theme park!

:) v.

Thanks. Yes , lots going on with the reverse design but I still think the designer did a great job. Great link to the theme park. I never thought about it before you pointed out. :)

Bhushan

kena

Nice coin thanks for sharing.

One of my favorites from that era, is the 1925 Stone Mountain Half Dollar.

Ken

PeaceBD

Quote from: kena on May 17, 2012, 02:31:55 PM
Nice coin thanks for sharing.

One of my favorites from that era, is the 1925 Stone Mountain Half Dollar.

Ken

Thanks Ken. I have been looking for a nicely toned Stone Mountain Half in 67 for a while now. All the ones I like go for crazy money. :(

kena

Here is my Stone Mountain coin.

Ken