Author Topic: Question regarding a dealer for Mughal coins  (Read 641 times)

Offline rushabh

Question regarding a dealer for Mughal coins
« on: April 28, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have been off worldofcoins for almost 4 months now and I blame that partly to work. Regarding the topic of discussion I have a question about a particular dealer. Normally I collect coins based on price lists from Stephen Album here in California. Now, I am planning to buy coins from later Mughals namely:

1)  MUGHAL: Murad Bakhsh, 1658, AR rupee
2)  MUGHAL: Jahandar, 1712-1713, AR rupee
3)  MUGHAL: Rafi-ud-Darjat, 1719, AR rupee
4)  MUGHAL: Shah Jahan II, 1719, AR rupee

I decided to send a price request quote to Masoud Hamidi at Persic Gallery, Inc (in Boston, MA) as they are not currently available with Stephen Album. Does anybody know about this dealer and would have any experiences to share with me. I would appreciate your help as his prices are pretty steep.

Thank you.

akona20

Re: Question regarding a dealer for Mughal coins
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:27:57 PM »
I am not sure what you mean by not available from Stephen Album. Are there particular coins you want or just coins in general from these rulers?

He has coins from all of these rulers available at present and some in very nice condition one of which might temp me as a "plate" coin.

Offline rushabh

Re: Question regarding a dealer for Mughal coins
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
akona20,

Yes, AR Rupee coins from the rulers in general (any mint/any date, VF-EF condition) l. I contacted Mike Barry at Stephen Album and he told me that I might have to wait for all the coins to be available. I would like to know how did you get to know that coins in general from all those rulers are available at present. As I just saw their price lists and I didn't see all of them. I would appreciate your help in locating them.

Thank you.

Rushabh Patel.