Some more unknown coins at my blog

Started by shariqkhan, March 19, 2008, 06:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shariqkhan

Dear Friends I've uploaded some more coins at my blog http://coincollectorsofindore.blogspot.com which are yet to be identified, so please have look

Rangnath

Hi Shariq,
I did  give a long look.
I decided that the coin with the "leaf" is not from the Sikh Empire, Kashmir, Tonk or Mewar.  That doesn't help very much, does it.

I decided that the coin with the double flag is not from Baroda or Gwalior.  Could it be from your Indore?  Specifically, could it be a variant of a half anna, km 95.3?

I also thought that I might compile a "symbols" directory for Independant Kingdoms and "Princely States" after 1600 AD. Goron and Goenka did it for Malwa Sultanates.  In it, I would list coins which contain the symbol "flag", "sword", "leaf" and so on. Or, has someone already done that?

Sorry, I have nothing better to report.
richie

shariqkhan

Dear Richie, Some coins of Indore state certainly contains double flag but I had not found any match for this coin in catalog. What I am able to read on this coins is "Sikka Mubarak" and  on ther side numeral 3 right side to the flag. I recently acquired 3 coins of the same type with some variations. Anyways  thanks  for your help.