New Canadian commemorative

Started by Figleaf, March 31, 2007, 11:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

The Royal Canadian Mint has announced a second circulation coin to commemorate the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. It will available from the RCM shop at Lagimodi?re Boulevard in Winnipeg at nominal value (25 cents).

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

muntenman

Now awaiting someone to collect them and all bring them back to mee... ;D
GLOBAL MODERATOR under the name of GRIVNAGOZER at www.munthunter.nl

Figleaf

Agreed. Is there a Canadian in the room who wants to trade for euros?  ;D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

BC Numismatics

I have been informed by one of my contacts in Canada that the Royal Canadian Mint is not allowed to sell these coins directly to people outside Canada,thanks to a petty regulation issued by the Vancouver Winter Olympic Games Organising Committee.It will be extremely difficult for people outside Canada to get these coins for their collections,unless they have a contact in Canada.Already,I have been sent 2 of the new 25c. coins depicting a curler & an ice hockey player.

Aidan.

muntenman

I also have them already in the collection... ;D

Figleaf

You are quick, gentlemen. I am fortunate to have a good contact in Canada, but she lives a long way from Winnipeg.

Peter

muntenman

I know a guy in Hellevoetsluis, Lookatmoos' which has been a reliable Canada-connection too me for years! Want adress?

Figleaf

Thanks. I'll keep your kind offer in mind in case my lady fails.

Peter

bruce61813

You might check with the guys that run http://www.commonbronze.net/, they deal with ancients, but one of the owners , Tom , lives in Canada, and would be willing to get the coins for you.

Bruce

coinman101

Guys, The RCM reached an agreement with the Olympics Commitee and can now sell them. But I got mine before they were legal! I have both of them, traded for American coins with a "contact" in Canada.

BC Numismatics

Quote from: coinman101 on July 10, 2007, 02:00:28 AM
Guys, The RCM reached an agreement with the Olympics Commitee and can now sell them. But I got mine before they were legal! I have both of them, traded for American coins with a "contact" in Canada.

Colin,that is great news.It is great to see a U-turn on the part of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games Organising Committee & the International Olympic Committee.

Aidan.

Figleaf

This is the fifth, the previous one was the second. What happened to the others?

Source: CNW group

Mint boutique to host local coin exchange

OTTAWA, Oct. 23 /CNW Telbec/ -

The Royal Canadian Mint is inviting the general public to visit its Lagimodi?re Boulevard boutique to exchange their coins for the new 25-cent alpine skiing circulation coin. This is the fifth coin to be issued in celebration of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

Share in the spirit and be among the first to claim a piece of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

BC Numismatics

Peter,it is not only a series of 25c. coins that are being struck to commemorate the 2010 Winter Olympic Games,but a series of $1 coins in the same metallic composition as the Loonie is also being struck as well.

Aidan.

Figleaf

Error - 25-cent Alpine Skiing Numismatic Coins

OTTAWA, Oct. 26

The Royal Canadian Mint confirms that a small number of 25-cent alpine skiing coins produced for collector products issued on October 24, 2007 bear a 2008 date on the obverse, or "heads" side of the coin, rather than the 2007 date. This error is limited to alpine skiing coin sports cards sold exclusively at participating Petro-Canada outlets and a small quantity of Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games coin collections. The 22 million 25-cent alpine skiing coins produced for circulation are not affected.

The Mint is currently investigating the source of this error and will implement the appropriate measures to ensure it does not occur in the future.

Source: CNW Telbec