News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Murphy's Law for coins

Started by FosseWay, February 27, 2012, 12:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natko

Banks are never pleasant, I don't know why. It's always a hassle even in your country. I'll let you know about the shop, Pabitra, but I heard from two persons outside of the forum that it's a very good shops with reasonable prices and since it's the only one worth visiting I think you can't miss.

About credit cards, thanks for the tip then, I'll bring some cash, hopefully euros are fine like in all coin shops. Embarrassed to send mail again since I troubled them twice already.

If anybody knows the answer for the specific shop I'll be glad though.

Figleaf

You may be lucky, but I don't think euros are a good idea. He was perfectly happy to set coins aside for me, so just ask him in advance if you can select the coins first and come with the money very quickly afterwards. It's a minor hassle for you, but his stock is worth it.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

FosseWay

I'm not familiar with Stockholm but nowhere else in Sweden that I've been to, including downtown Gothenburg, accepts euros in payment. Danish or Norwegian kroner at relevant places near the borders, yes. But by that logic you'd have to go to Haparanda to spend your euros.

If you don't want to get cash from an ATM in advance, ask the guy to set aside the coins you want and then go and get the relevant amount of cash. I can't see that being the slightest problem.

Pabitra

Quote from: natko on July 28, 2014, 05:45:00 PM
Banks are never pleasant, I don't know why.

It could be country or person specific but there have been happy experiences too.
Few mentionable countries where I had nice experience have been Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Denmark, Nepal, Macau etc.

Figleaf

Just came upon a list of members of the Swedish coin dealers association (Sveriges Mynthandlares Förening.) It may be helpful.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.