News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

One of a kind

Started by <k>, February 03, 2012, 12:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

<k>

Quote from: quaziright on August 20, 2018, 09:40:50 PMI believe there is a slovenian pre euro coin with a worm on it

Slovenia 10 stotinov-.jpg

Do you mean this? It's an olm - a blind salamander. Worms don't have hands and feet - at least not where I live.  ;)
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

quaziright

Quote from: <k> on August 20, 2018, 09:52:17 PM

Do you mean this? It's an olm - a blind salamander. Worms don't have hands and feet - at least not where I live.  ;)

pff minor details. I was next thinking maybe poland 2 zlote, but then I checked this time and those were actually eels

<k>

Yes, I remember the Polish eels. However, they were on collector coins, while the Slovenian coin was a circulation piece.

Prosit

Pretty sure Salamander isn't unique on coins
Dale

malj1

S08964.jpg

Salamander.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

<k>

Russia, 1 ruble, 2006.  Took me a while to find it. You should always add that info, where you know it.

malj1

I should have added the website Animals on coins
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Prosit

2003 Sal.jpg

I was actually thinking of a collector coin from the Ukraine...2003
Dale

Quote from: <k> on August 21, 2018, 01:56:00 AMRussia, 1 ruble, 2006.  Took me a while to find it. You should always add that info, where you know it.

<k>

Cameroon $10 2006.jpg

Cameroon, $10, 2006.

Is this the only genet on a coin?

<k>

Somalia, 50 shillings, 1970.  10th anniversary of independence.

The only coin design to show incense?

Prosit

There are several coins with Incense burners but not sure of any that actually show the smoke as well.
Dale

Quote from: <k> on June 15, 2019, 12:49:00 AM

Somalia, 50 shillings, 1970.  10th anniversary of independence.

The only coin design to show incense?

Oklahoman

The ball point pen is not a unique theme.  A 1995 crown with the image of Lazlo Biro and some people using a ball point pen was issued by the Isle of Man as part of a series of coins celebrating the inventions of the modern world.

Bimat

Quote from: Oklahoman on December 28, 2019, 11:58:21 PM
The ball point pen is not a unique theme.  A 1995 crown with the image of Lazlo Biro and some people using a ball point pen was issued by the Isle of Man as part of a series of coins celebrating the inventions of the modern world.

There is a Hungarian commemorative  coin as well. :) :)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Oklahoman

Yes.  I was responding to that very coin of Hungary from a post on page one of this thread that claimed this as unique.  That is why I posted about the IOM coin.  The Hungary coin does not have a unique theme.

<k>

San Marino 100 lire 1977.jpg

San Marino 100 lire 1977-.jpg

San Marino, 100 lire, 1977.

A filleted fish!  Do you know of any other such design?