Author Topic: please help Identify these coins  (Read 28206 times)

Offline MWM

• MWM
  • Intrested in Indian coins and Paper money
Re: please help Identify these coins
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 06:33:57 AM »
Also i would like to know from you all experienced collectors should i clean them? If Yes, How?

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 11:10:04 AM »
At least, that is a question I can answer.

Most of your coins do not need cleaning, with the exception of G3, which would benefit from a very long bath in olive oil. You may want to consult Bruce on the cleaning and preservation board on H5. That may be innocent oxidation, or it may be bronze disease. Maybe you should keep it separate from other coins until you know what it is.

I think it would really help asm and others if you would post the (groups of) coins individually. Alternatively, this thread could be split in individual posts...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
I think it would really help asm and others if you would post the (groups of) coins individually. Alternatively, this thread could be split in individual posts...

Some of the coins like Dungarpur and Mysore (if they are geniune) are very interesting and a lot can be gained by posting the coins individually. If not the option of splitting the post is always there.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Ansari

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »

Offline Pravir

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
A could be from the Kushan empire as suggested. However the empire reigned from the 1st century AD up to the next 300 odd years I believe. During then they struck coins of various metals including bronze and gold. Also many gods & goddesses were depicted. Could be from between 10- 60 AD.

Offline saro

• Honorary Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »
To try to help you :
B: Bhopal (Shah Jahan Begum / C: Mysore Tipu Sultan : right: Ferokee mint, left: Patan mint / E: Sher Shah paisa / F: Bhopal / H: Elichpur (Hyderabad) / D: Marathas : Cuttack mint / K: Jodhpur (takka)
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

Offline MWM

• MWM
  • Intrested in Indian coins and Paper money
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 08:04:28 AM »
Thanks Saro. :)

Offline escapist

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 12:43:25 PM »
A. Kushanas: Kanishka with Oesho reverse and Wima Kadphises
D and E - Suris
I - Bhonslas?
J - Chhota Udaipur

Please list them individually. A few are quite interesting. A seems to be Kushans, B & F are Bhopal, C is Mysore, D looks Delhi Sultanate may be Suri but I cant read them so I could be wrong., G are Bahamani Sultans, H are Elichpur (Hyderabad Feudatory ), I are Gwalior, J Dungarpur, K Jodhpur & L Chola's.

Amit