News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Sporvejsmuseet SHS

Started by Romario, November 11, 2011, 07:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romario

Hello!
Please help to find an information about this token/medal
Is it a transportation token? Or just a commemorative medal?
Diameter: 21 mm
Bronze
Website of the tram museum: http://www.sporvejsmuseet.dk/
Thanks in advance

chrisild

Just a guess: since it mentions the two jubilee dates, it was probably issued in 1990 to commemorate 25 years of the Tram Museum. So it is a medal, I think. By the way, Klampenborg - the destination of the car depicted on the piece - is a northern suburb of Copenhagen. Today one of the "S-tog" rapid transit lines ends there. Since the museum's website looks quite active to me, it may make sense to contact and ask them. But maybe you have already done that anyway. :)

Christian

Figleaf

Agreed. Souvenir of the 25th jubilee of the Danish railroad history society, friendship association of the Danish railroad museum.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Romario

Thank You for information, Christian and Peter :)
And yes, I've already sent them e-mail about this token/medal
No reply yet

FosseWay

Quote from: Figleaf on November 11, 2011, 10:27:00 AM
Agreed. Souvenir of the 25th jubilee of the Danish railroad history society, friendship association of the Danish railroad museum.

Peter

Railroad/Railway in general or trams in particular? Just interested in divergences in the Scandinavian languages, since in Swedish spårväg is specifically tramway, not railways in general (which are järnvägar, used by tåg, whereas trams are spårvagnar).

chrisild

Quote from: FosseWay on November 11, 2011, 11:24:43 AM
Railroad/Railway in general or trams in particular? Just interested in divergences in the Scandinavian languages, since in Swedish spårväg is specifically tramway, not railways in general (which are järnvägar, used by tåg, whereas trams are spårvagnar).

It is similar in Danish, I think: jernbane is railway while sporvej is tram. (Can be confusing - in Dutch, spoorweg is railway.) In any case, that museum is definitely about trams. :)

Christian

FosseWay